Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had a local body shop replace the front bumper cover on my 2012 Sport as part of an insurance claim when someone backed into me in a parking lot. Everything looks good except the bottom. The center is pushed up. All the screws are in. Is there some shimming that needs to be done under there or is something missing? Is this just a cheap aftermarket bumper cover? What do you think? :serious

Attachments

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
I recently had a local body shop replace the front bumper cover on my 2012 Sport as part of an insurance claim when someone backed into me in a parking lot. Everything looks good except the bottom. The center is pushed up. All the screws are in. Is there some shimming that needs to be done under there or is something missing? Is this just a cheap aftermarket bumper cover? What do you think? :serious
Looks to me like the whole thing fits poorly. The seams at the top of the bumper cover at each side of the grille are not even at all. IMO, either a poor installation or a poor quality part. I'd take it back ASAP.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts