Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi y'all,

I'm new to this forum and this is my first RAV4. A month ago, I got the Hybrid Limited in Electric Storm Blue (Heck yeah!) with cinnamon interior. Traded in my 2010 Yaris for it (not much of a trade-in there, as you can imagine). Looks like a beach to me, so his name is "Kona" :)! Anyway, I chose the RAV4 Hybrid over the Mercedes GLA for many, many reasons - but mostly, because I could get a hybrid version of the RAV4, because the insurance and maintenance costs will be lower, and because I can take my RAV out into the backwoods when I hike and park him without worrying *too much* that he will be a target for break-ins!

So far I'm keeping a steady 35.1 MPG (I do notice a difference in Eco mode in spite of what I have read on here about it being a "placebo effect" and not being a real thing). I drive 22 miles round-trip daily to the park-n-ride (work is 26 miles away and it's the easiest route for me). He's already pushing 2,000 miles because I've been driving a ton; mostly because I just love driving this car! (Who could blame me after being in a Yaris for 7 years, right?!)

Glad to be on the forum, it's my first "car forum" and I'm learning a ton from yall already. :)

Reactions: jev425

·
Registered
8,576 Posts
Welcome! Good that you're enjoying your hybrid and getting what seems to be decent mileage. About parking in the woods and not worrying about break-ins, in my PNW "neck of the woods" it doesn't seem that any car make is immune, so suggest that you be careful!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome! Good that you're enjoying your hybrid and getting what seems to be decent mileage. About parking in the woods and not worrying about break-ins, in my PNW "neck of the woods" it doesn't seem that any car make is immune, so suggest that you be careful!
Thank you, on all counts! And yes, you are right...nothing is really immune. I bumped up my insurance a bit and am mentally prepared to probably have a break-in at some point, unfortunately. Ah well, that's life! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts