Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I recently said, I have installed a new Ground kit a la Derek.

But like always, somethings has to go wrong. Problem is that in this area I'm like Patrick (from Sponge Bob)

I don't have light on the dash, no wipers, no signal lights and no horn. I know it should be a fuse. But where are they and which one? :doh::roll:

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts

But like always, somethings has to go wrong. Problem is that in this area I'm like Patrick (from Sponge Bob)

I don't have light on the dash, no wipers, no signal lights and no horn. I know it should be a fuse. But where are they and which one? :doh::roll:
Yes I am the same i also got a problem after i don that and i can't seem to fix it its driving me mad look here : http://www.rav4world.com/forums/85-4-1-faults-fixes/209065-odometer-turn-signals-help.html

·
Registered
161 Posts

Just seeing this now, did you get it running? It could be that it's a relay, main fuse, or the "cabin" main power line that connects at the battery terminal is loose? I'd love to help, electronics and wiring are my thing. Send me a PM and I'll send my email address and try to help.

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BTW, the Battery is two weeks old, terminals are tight and practically new. The only thing I did was install a Ground kit with 4 gauge wire. This morning it turn on once, but with no lights, in dash, no signal. I turned it off to check everything. When i went to turn the engine on again, NOTHING. No turning og the engine, no light on the AEM gauge, just the Apexi lighted up, The seat belt light in the dash was on. But nothing.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Yep, correct, remove it. However unlikely that a new part fitted correctly is the cause, that is the only change you've made, so the first thing to check before dismantling the whole car looking for the fault.

Electrical problems are a pain :(

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep, correct, remove it. However unlikely that a new part fitted correctly is the cause, that is the only change you've made, so the first thing to check before dismantling the whole car looking for the fault.

Electrical problems are a pain :(
I got a Multi-meter and check all fuses/relay. All were beeping, mean they are good. Then I went visualizing ever fuse/relay. Checkout the video. SlimJim, your the man. I'll post a like on my behave :thumbs_up: Thanks a ton.

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think I found the culprit.
RAV4 1997 100A Alt fuse - YouTube

Problem now is removing this little fuse. Let me keep digging on the net. But if someone has the solution. I'm all ears.
BTW, removing the 100A fuse is quite simple. It's a question of using common sense, and the right tools. Once you remove the + battery terminal. You have to open the little box from the side. It opens upward. It will expose the wires that are connected to the 100A ALT fuses, it has three fuses. The middle blue one was the problem as you could see in the You Tube clip above. The 2 side wires screws are 10mm. Then just pull it up gently. It will be a little tight, but wiggle it out, but be careful. Once out, just buy a new one and reverse the steps. BTW, those were the RED 4 gauge ground wires I used. I'll also reinstall the Raizin voltage stabilizer. It helped my electrical system and I got 5 years out of my Inter State Battery. Some people say its not worth it. I disagree. BTW, the people who say "it's not worth it" have never used it. I have.:wink

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
Mensa, can you help me point where you stick those ground wires, to yours? I have two photos of your engine bay, one with your older intake installed and the other with a ferrari sticker (I think). But image quality didn't helped locating your grounded wires. I just bought that blue Raizin than the purple one with HKS grounding wires, and am also like Patrick at this point, only dumber.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts