Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have acquired this RAV4 yah! I have had other 1st gen RAV4 but this one does not have power windows or locks or mirriors. So I took apart the dash and noticed there is a plug not plugged into anything under the dimmer switch. It seems that?s the plug for power mirriors! So my question is if I get the switch for power mirriors and plug it in I presume I would need to swap out the mirriors as well to power ones but is it pre wired just as the plug for the switch is pre wired? I am sure I will have many more questions in the future but for now here?ve is a simple one. :)

·
Registered
357 Posts
Ok so I have acquired this RAV4 yah! I have had other 1st gen RAV4 but this one does not have power windows or locks or mirriors. So I took apart the dash and noticed there is a plug not plugged into anything under the dimmer switch. It seems that?s the plug for power mirriors! So my question is if I get the switch for power mirriors and plug it in I presume I would need to swap out the mirriors as well to power ones but is it pre wired just as the plug for the switch is pre wired? I am sure I will have many more questions in the future but for now here?ve is a simple one. :)

It should be prewired on both sides, and yes you would just need the mirrors. Good news is if you buy them from a 4 door many of them were color matched to the body.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok so finally got my door panels off and I see no wireing for the mirriors in the door at all? Maybe before they enter the door but I have not looked that deep into it. Can anyone enlighten me where the wires may be tucked or even if they exist on a non power mirriors rav? Thanks in advance!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts