Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just saying hi. Just stumbled upon this site the other day while doing a search. Seems like a great resource for Rav4 people!

I own a '96 Rav4 (4 Door) with some mods to give it a bit more pep. Great working rigs. I am no stranger to Toyota even though this is my first Rav4. I've prevously owned a MR2 (N/A) and 6 Celicas, three of which were GT-Fours. (One ST165 and two ST185s) I'm happy to say that the Rav is just as enjoyable.

Anyway, good job with everything and keep up the good posting.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
May I be the first to welcome you to the forums!

I see from your avatar that you have turboed your RAV. :thumbs_up:
You must surprise alot of other performance cars with your sleeper RAV. 8)

Glad to have you in the forums, I am sure that you will have much to share in our 4.1 forums regarding performance mods. :D

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
96Rav4T said:
I own a '96 RAV4 (4 Door) with some mods to give it a bit more pep.
Welcome aboard 96! As Derek says... we see you've gone the TURBO route... and I've seen this in your ALBUM 8)

Details?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well guys, thanks for the compliments. Unfortunatly right now I'm not suprising anyone due to a thrown rod, but I just pulled the engine today and I am going to start doing the fabrications to put the 3S-GTE I had sitting around in tommorow.

I'll post some pictures in the morning of the old engine and the new doner heart going in for transplant.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are a few pics of the current situation as of today:

The truck and old engine:

The old 3S-FE, note the hole in the block:

Even worse damage on the intake side (the oil pan was punched through too):

The 3S-GTE on the stand getting a bit closer to being ready:

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Brief update:

Took a couple week break from doing anything due to being occupied with other interests but the swap went back into gear this weekend.

The 3S-GTE is in, work will continue to progress throughout the week:

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Another update, everything major is done and the truck is sitting on its wheels finally. All that is left is some minor wiring and some slight mods to the charge piping. Hopefully it will be up and running tommorow evening.

Pics:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts