Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.... I did it! Went to the dealer yesterday, and with some help from my buddy who knows one of the sales managers , got a killer deal on a new 2016 black sand mica limited with black interior! im really happy. I love how much quiter it is inside, deffinatly a lot less wind/road noise ( especially in ev mode:D). I'd love to post on mpg, but it's only got 32 miles on the odometer! I will miss the teracotta interior, I used to get soooo many compliments on it, I hate what they did with the cinnamon...not my slice of toast but to each his own I guess. Anyway I'm a happy new hybrid owner!

Reactions: Langutah

·
Registered
107 Posts
I've got about 2500 more miles on mine than you. I guess one of the best things I can say is, when my son went on a first date with someone new, he left his BMW and took my 2016 Limited Hybrid. Nothing like that new Rav4 smell to impress a lady. Lol

Mileage is averaging 39 MPG (6.03 L/100km). Just used the fuel app for the first time to find the least expensive petrol near me. That worked well.

Took it on some softroading: https://youtu.be/Cln4MUV_OMI

It is a very nice car which I have grown to really appreciate. I had my 2005 Prius for about 10 years and was ready to get another. When Toyota offered a Hybrid Rav4, that was an easy choice.

I liked the Cinnamon interior but my lady didn't. We ended up getting grey/ash with the Advanced Tech package.

Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a bunch....Great video. I Just checked my tire pressure, 44 psi!!! I knocked it down to 32, I'm sure that will quiet down the ride a bit. The L.E.D. Headlights seem to work great as well, also I'm glad the heated seats work just as great as my old rav.

·
Registered
72 Posts
While the door sticker shows 33 psi the max psi on the tire is 51 so I think 40 psi would be a good compromise between comfort and fuel economy.

·
Registered
211 Posts
While the door sticker shows 33 psi the max psi on the tire is 51 so I think 40 psi would be a good compromise between comfort and fuel economy.
I have the Yokahama tires, 40 psi max. Mine came at 39, ride was harsh. Deflated them to 32 psi...huge ride difference. I doubt it will amount to burning more than $10 of more gas this year if anything. The better ride quality and SAFER tire dynamics at 32 psi is beyond a better trade off imo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts