Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody. I got a new key already cut. Need to program the transponder. Need a instruction that works for Toyota rav4 2006 limited.
Any input is appreciated

·
Registered
731 Posts
If you want to take a drive to Illinois, I will do it for free.

Now that has been eliminated as a possibility, if you have a laptop, get one of the Chinese cables from Amazon or eBay for about $30.00 It will come with Techstream. Install it, and you can program your key and do a whole lot more for customizations.

Reactions: hamid2535

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hello everybody. I got a new key already cut. Need to program the transponder. Need a instruction that works for Toyota rav4 2006 limited.
Any input is appreciated
or go to your dealer quick, just tell them, add this new cut transponder key and be programmed. mostly, it might cause you less. :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you want to take a drive to Illinois, I will do it for free.

Now that has been eliminated as a possibility, if you have a laptop, get one of the Chinese cables from Amazon or eBay for about $30.00 It will come with Techstream. Install it, and you can program your key and do a whole lot more for customizations.
Thanks for your offer.... I am too far north I belive :) looks like I have to take it to dealer, they told me $60+Tax which is not bad deal, Delar cut the Key for Free for me because I was there before, but programming is not free.

·
Registered
268 Posts
$60 for programming is a very good price, you might as well use the dealer.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
First confirm that it indeed has a transponder.
I think the 2006 Limited did come with it.
Otherwise , you could program the buttons without Techstream.
It has... there is a dot on my keys... the cut key (new) doesnot start the car too.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,893 Posts
Thanks for your offer.... I am too far north I belive :) looks like I have to take it to dealer, they told me $60+Tax which is not bad deal, Delar cut the Key for Free for me because I was there before, but programming is not free.
Find a good locksmith shop in your area. They can do it a lot cheaper than the dealership.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts