Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today i had the 3A Racing tanabe style rear muffler replaced on my RAV. It was bit too loud for my liking and would drone a bit in the cabin.

I got it replaced by a Lukey Longlife Ultraflow stainless steel muffler. It's a straight through off set design muffler. The Lukey muffler is exactly the same as the Dynomax Ultraflow stainless steel muffler (for those in the US of A)...only difference is that it doesn't have the Dynomax logo and the inlet/outlet pipes don't stick out as much on the ends of the muffler.

Also got a stainless steel twin tip exhaust tip welded onto the end of the muffler. Each tip has a 2" diameter. The in cabin droning is now gone but i still get the nice throbbing exhaust note that i did before (which i found out is due to having 2 hot dog resonators in line with each other). Here are some specs and pics:

Case Shape: Oval
Inlet Diameter (in): 2.25
Inlet Quantity: Single
Inlet Location: Offset
Outlet Diameter (in): 2.25
Outlet Quantity: Single
Outlet Location: Center
Internal Construction: Turbo-style
Muffler Material: Stainless steel
Muffler Finish: Polished
Case Length (in): 14.00
Overall Length (in): 19.00
Thickness (in): 4.25
Width (in): 9.75
Outlet Style: Standard, without tip

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Checo. If you're after the Dynomax version of this muffler the part number you'll need is 17282. If you don't want offset inlet/outlet you can go for the part number 17292. I'll record a sound clip later on today after i get the brakes done on my RAV.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There seems to be a little bit more power in the low end. Prolly due to the offset straight thru design instead of the centre straight thru design of the previous muffler? Not going to paint it as it's polished stainless steel :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts