Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Picked up 2017 XLE couple of weeks ago as a daily driver. I also own heavily modified 2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser, which is pretty much my expedition rig and consumes way too much gas for everyday use :).
I am afraid that my modding hobbits will not tolerate stock looks of RAV4.. already looking around for new wheels, lift possibilities, etc.. haha. Very nice forum, a lot of good info and ideas!

Anyways, nice to meet you all! :D

·
Registered
8,537 Posts
Welcome! Congrats on you '17 XLE. But wonder why people don't buy the vehicle which they think that they need in the first place . . . Good luck with your mods.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! This will be interesting, since aftermarket for this vehicle seems kind of limited.
I had 2014 Corolla S before this one, as daily driver, but really liked the RAV 2017 model, plus, Corolla is not really a family car, this one just perfect for family of 4. And I don't have to sit on the ground haha

·
Registered
419 Posts
Welcome Ivan from Canada.

11th Toyota, that's pretty good brand loyalty.
- 3 hear, but took me longer to get started

I like the FJ's, but wife didn't like the blind spot or wanted truck like gas mileage / so the v6 RAV4, fit the bill. And Dad got his Gen3 4Runner, several months later / each vehicle with their own strengths.
- like the FJ, some vehicles take to modifications, better than others

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks man! Well, 11 that is counting my spouses Toyotas.. My chain was - Passeo, Celica, RAV4, Camry, FJ Cruiser, Corolla and now RAV4 again :D
Yes, FJ`s mileage is horrific, 16-17mpg when it was new.. now down to 14 on average.. But considering 35" tires and extra 1000 lbs of mods, that`s not THAT bad haha. This thing is a beast.. but it has its downsides.
Toyota did a fine job with RAV4, it`s pretty roomy, decent power and gas mileage, design is up there too, in and out. So i am pretty happy with purchase :)

I can`t post pic of FJ, since my post count is too low haha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts