Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all,

Alan LaRue here. I live on the Texas Gulf Coast just north of Houston. We've just leased a 2016 RAV4 SE for my wife to drive.

First Toyota, and we're coming out of a 2009 Chevrolet Traverse. We normally buy new cars and keep them 6 or 7 years, but she's always tired of them after 3 so we decided to lease this time.

"Family" Cars in the past have been varied:
'79 Plymouth TC3 (which she bought before we married)
'83 Honda Civic 4-dr
'90 Chevrolet Lumina Euro
'96 Plymouth Grand Voyager
'02 Nissan Altima
'09 Chevrolet Traverse

I had a '76 Dodge Aspen when we first married, having had a '69 Olds Cutlass and a '72 Pontiac Grand Prix before that. Later I got a '79 Ford Fiesta (still one of my favorites), inherited the Civic, bought a new '93 Chevy S-10, inherited the Lumina, bought an old '85 Corvette (had 156K miles when I got it), a '99 Saturn SL1, a, '06 Chevy HHR, and now I'm driving a '13 GTI.

The Traverse was a pain. The steering rack was replaced twice, and both halves of the A/C at different times. We had it for 103,000 miles, and stuff still wasn't quite right. It was bigger than we needed anyway, and so for size and reliability, we were looking at either the RAV4 or a CRV. Sister-in-law has a CRV and we didn't want to be copycats, so we drove the RAV4 first and loved it. Now we'll see what happens in 3 years... buy it or turn it in.

Anyway, this is my second post. First one was what turned out to be a stupid question. (Oops.)

Happy new year!

·
Registered
8,524 Posts
Welcome, and hope that your wife enjoys her new RAV! Obviously it will be a huge change from driving a Traverse!

Reactions: alarue
1 - 3 of 3 Posts