Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I just bought my RAV4 and I always make sure to join a forum for the car I buy. E46 Fanatics got me through countless projects on my 2000 BMW 328ci and it looks like RAV4World will be just as great of a resource. Looking forward to learning from you all!

My "new" 2008 RAV4 is in blue, base trim, 4 cylinders, and 4WD. I paid $5,300, which was about $2,000 lower than any comparable RAV4 around here. Coming from my rather peppy BMW, I might have preferred the V6, but the 4WD was more important to me (Makes getting up to Tahoe a little easier). I bought the RAV4 because I'm getting married soon and probably starting a family, so I needed something bigger than my BMW coupe. The RAV4 gets comparable gas mileage and I'm hoping for Toyota's legendary reliability.

Interesting fact I learned about the car: it was a rental car for the first year and a half of it's life! I was a little hesitant about that, but it seemed in good condition and it certainly adds a little "character." It's had 2 other owners before me. The inside was filthy when I bought it, but 12 hours of clean-up later, and it feels ok to sit in.

A couple items on my punch list:
- Touchscreen stereo with Bluetooth, DVD, Nav, and backup camera.
- Steering wheel controls.
- Door speakers upgrade
- Subwoofer under the rear cargo deck.

If anybody can point me in the right direction on any of these, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks everyone!

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,715 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Congratulations on the purchase. I bought my 2016 LE AWD from Avis with 29K miles on it. I installed a Kenwood DNX 893S navigation system that utilizes the existing steering wheel controls. It also has an OEM module so I can display actual tire pressures, check engine light codes and transmission temperatures. (handy for towing) Kenwood also has a free app that gives you access to other features. I'm pleased with the unit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, everyone! @JuneBug. I have 170k miles on it. I hadn't heard this issue before. This is a little concerning, because it looks like the LSC on this issue ended on 10/31/16. When I bought the car, the guy said he had the oil changed recently, but it was pretty low when I checked it. I will keep an eye on oil consumption, but do you know of any recourse I have with the dealer now that the LSC has expired?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts