Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

New member from KY

4K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  Oli77 
#1 · (Edited)
Very fresh and learning how to drive a hybrid car, it's my wife's, it's our first.

This thread will document our story with our new car.

We are Toyota users since first purchase of a new 1993 Camry, 5 speed, 135 K miles.
Then a new 1999 Sienna LE with 150 K miles (for sale).
Recently bought a 2005 Camry LE 91 K miles for our son.
I drive an E46 ZSP.

Pics coming up

Olivier

#2 · (Edited)
Very fresh and learning how to drive a hybrid car. It's my wife's, It's our first.

This thread will document our story with our new car.

We are Toyota users since first purchase of a new 1993 Camry, 5 speed, 135 K miles.
Then a new 1999 Sienna LE with 150 K miles (for sale).
Recently bought a 2005 Camry LE 91 K miles for our son.
I drive an E46 ZSP.

Pics coming up

Olivier

#6 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys. I can tell the level of maturity here is far superior to other forums. That is a pleasure.

^ well, my current BMW does not have near the level of sophistication and technical wizardry that the 4454G has.

I need to read the book before I start asking too many questions.

Thus far, the homelink is setup, and the 2-drivers position seat is setup.

Oh, and the oil is so clear, it's hard to see it!

#7 · (Edited)
So car lost the info on the 2 car driver positions, had to set again.

Also sometimes the nav acts up and greys out some of the functions that should be available.

Had our first drive in medium rain and I was surprised at the noise from the undercarriage. This plus the inch of dirt at he bottom of the doors made me buy OEM mud flaps. They are on the way and hope they will help with noise of water splashing up the undercarriage and that dirt.

#13 ·
In hopes of reducing the accumulation of road debris and water at the bottom of the doors, I purchased OEM mud guards and installed them yesterday.

Could consider that the first mod of the car I guess. Those things are only cosmetic though, and the water and debris continued to accumulate on a rainy day.

#19 ·
Well it has been one year or more since the last post here.

I removed the cord that I placed behind the rubber molding at the bottom of the door. It did nothing. Dirt still accumulates there a lot, but it is what it is.

Car is still tip top. About 13K miles on it. Did 2-3 trips to the dealer for tire rotation and oil change and the automatic tailgate fix. Nothing to complain about still averaging 38-39 mpg in the city (in summer). Drops in winter a little bit.

One slightly annoying issue is that I find the paint to be very thin. I managed to remove 2 flakes of paint on the rear bumper while placing a heavy luggage back there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.