Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a new 2006 RAV4 Limited and have been very pleased with it! I am coming from a 2001 Honda Civic, and it was just not meeting the demands that I was putting on it.

I enjoy photography and seeing the backcountry, so my Civic often went into places that... you should never take a car to. Dirt roads, over creeks and whatnot, it did the job fine but it was just not designed for it. It was also my first vehicle, so it had some rough times at first but it held up quite well despite an accident in 2004 that crushed the front end but was restored and works great.

The main disadvantages I had with the Civic, other than the off-road capability (for obvious reasons) was space and utility. I mountainbike quite a lot and the bike rack that hugs over the spoler of my vehicle was not adequate. A lot of drag and it just did not make me feel all that secure with it hanging on the rear of my car. I was also running out of space carrying goods around, especially on long trips or while camping.

With that out of the way, I am throughly enjoying the RAV4. I can stow my bike with ease inside the rear, carry my camping gear with room to spare, take it off-road (lightly, I'm not into climbing over rocks and whatnot), and store gear under the floormats in the back - something which I find very nice because I carry expensive camera equipment!

Kudos for the redesign of the RAV4. Looks much improved and handles nice!

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
seicer said:
I enjoy photography
Reeeeaaally.... So... where are the pictures of your new baby?? :p We wanna see 8) :)
With that out of the way, I am throughly enjoying the RAV4.
You were like a tiger in a cat's body :D. My boyfriend is driving a Civic, and that thing is soooo annoying, so close to the ground and the sad thing is that it's all stock. I love my tall and pretty baby; i get in and out easily and sometimes i even do a little jump to get out of the car :lol:.
Congrats on your RAV! :D

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
seicer,

Congrats on your new baby...What color? What options?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts