Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone just a bit of an intro here.

I had a 2015 VW Golf TDI which I loved and got amazing mileage with, but on Dec 30/15 I was hit head on, then left rear which left in beyond totaled.

Here's a few pics of what was left. Also I'll attach a link to my dashcam footage of the crash. https://youtu.be/aPer_47kOas

Due to the VW scandal I'm unable to get another golf. So after test driving many cars, I came across the RAV4 Hybrid. Test drove it and put my order in Feb 11/15.

I ordered a Limited with tech package in Electric Blue w/ Black Interior. It was due to arrive mid last week.....so any day now.

I plan to get all the windows tinted, and install hardwired radar detector, hardwired dashcam and Scangauge. I also have a hitch and trailer wiring on order.

I bought a toyota Echo in January for $1000 and will be glad to move on to the RAV4, So will my Dog, it's a bit small for her.

·
Registered
8,535 Posts
Welcome! Great that you escaped from that crash but the person who hit you obviously finished off your Golf! My sister has a Golf TDi and gets 48 mpg, on the highway at 75 miles per hour (the U.S. obviously is in the backwater regarding switching over to the metric system!). Unfortunately even the RAV hybrid doesn't achieve that. However it apparently is a good compromise, and hopefully you will enjoy it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts