Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is my first post in this community. I've been a reader for about a month though.

I just signed the contract on my first RAV4. MSRP with extras was $30,033, but I wiggled that down to $28,400. Furthermore, I received a $400 rebate because I am a recent college grad. So I am paying $28,000 plus tax. I had to play a lot of dealers against each other to get the price. Here are the extras on my vehicle. I'm posting this in order to help others get a decent deal.

2006 Classic Silver 4x4 V6 Limited
Leather trim seats
Heated seats
Moonroof
Side Airbags
JBL sound system with 6 disc and 9 speakers
Wheel locks
Carpeted floor mats
Plus all the other features that come on a Limited

Basically, I received a couple grand off of MSRP, which isn't too bad in my opinion. Another dealer I shopped at told me "these cars will go strictly for retail," then offered me a paltry $500 off of sticker. I walked.

The dealer says my RAV will be in on Monday, possibly Monday night. I will post pictures soon after I pick it up. Anyhow, I am glad to be part of this community, finally! :D

·
Registered
340 Posts
Dealer in NY not offer me any discount. only free car wash. Congrats on your New Rav ! How long you wait on your Rav?b

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: New member...I just bought a V6 Limited 4x4 with leather

Congratualations and welsome! I keep getting jelous when people say how much they get their RAV for under MSRP! I only got $600 under MSRP. Then I forget, WE DON"T HAVE SALES TAX IN OREGON. I just had to pay $218 for 4 years license title and Tags. Thats it :D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: New member...I just bought a V6 Limited 4x4 with leather

sstarrx3 said:
Congratualations and welsome! I keep getting jelous when people say how much they get their RAV for under MSRP! I only got $600 under MSRP. Then I forget, WE DON"T HAVE SALES TAX IN OREGON. I just had to pay $218 for 4 years license title and Tags. Thats it :D
Man I type like I have been drinking :lol:

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi all,

Just an update. I picked up my RAV4 Limited V6 4x4 yesterday! 4 miles on the odometer at delivery, haha. I must say that the V6 is all that it is hyped up to be. Very powerful, and surprisingly very quiet. It is nice to own a vehicle that actually feels like it has TOO MUCH power.

I can confirm what another poster previously stated about "do-it-yourself" oil changes on the V6. The drain plug and filter assembly are both accessible without jacking up the car. No weird angles involved, and no worrying about getting burnt by the exhaust while trying to access the filter(like my old car).

Can someone explain what the 4 black plugs that came in plastic bags in my glove box are??? Thanks in advance!

One criticism so far. The rear center passenger seatbelt mechanism is awkward. The placement of the buckles make the seatbelt itself rather uncomfortable. I'm a 150lb male, so maybe if a child uses the center seat, things won't be as bad.

Today at work, I spent much of the day giving tours of the car to my coworkers, and daydreaming of my commute home. I had to laugh at the thought of actually looking forward to being stuck in traffic. :lol:

I love this thing! I'll get some pictures up in the album this weekend.

·
Super Moderator
1,566 Posts
Congrats on your new RAV and welcome to the forums! 8)

I know what you mean about the center seat belt... It's a bit odd to work things out just right, but at least Toyota actually put a three-point in -- the 4.2 had pretty much the same system. Only other way that I know of to provide a three point would be to run the shoulder belt over the seatback. Not sure if that's really a feasible method or not, seeing as the backrest doesn't go up very high.

I've seen the "mystery plugs" mentioned before, but I don't think I have them, so I'd be interested in knowing what they are as well! :?:

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
congrats Lance! Aint' it fun giving the workplace tour of the car ??:):) I did same thing..

I did not have the plugs either but I did read here that someone said that they are for body plugs that are removed upon delivery and most thrown away but some are put in the gloveboxes.

Lance said:
...Can someone explain what the 4 black plugs that came in plastic bags in my glove box are??? Thanks in advance!...

·
Registered
233 Posts
I think those plugs go into the gas tank . do you smell anything or has your gas mileage gone down to about 1mi. per gallon ...wait a minute ...maybe I am wrong :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts