Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

New member & New Order!

3K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  jobo 
G
#1 ·
Hi all,

Am Jobo from cold Helsinki, Scandinavia and a proud owner of 2003 RAV4, Mica Blue. Am also proud to say that I have placed the order for my second RAV, the all new 2006 RAV4, Executive Package with Smart Entry. When the salesman who sold me my first RAV called me up and asked if I wanna change my RAV as is almost 3 years old now I simply told him not yet. But he told me to come and test drive the new 06 RAV and see it for my self. Having test drove the new RAV I couldn't resist. Is nice, bigger and quieter. So I gave in and succumbed to this guy once again. So I will hopefully get my New and second RAV early April. Hopefully I don't have to wait too long as I waited 4 months to get my first RAV :( That's it for now and more to follow on any new development.

Oh by the way am very happy to be a member of this forum. Is very informative and the members are very helpful. Thanks also to Kelly and friends for making this possible!

Jobo

G
#4 ·
71GS455 said:
Welcome Jobo,

So what is included in the "Executive Package?"
Thanks Steve. The Executive Package here in Scadinavia is equevalent to Sport in US I guess. It includes everything except DVD Navigation, Leather Seats and Bluetooth.

It has:

Arctic Green Metallic Color (Everglade in North America), 6T6
17'' Alloy with Yoko tire
6 CD Changer with MP3 Compactible and Steering Wheel control
Dual Zone Auto AC
Auto Dimming View Mirror (Useful for night driving and winter)
Cruise Control
Rain Sensor Wiper
Smart Entry and Start System (Very handy)
Front Fog Light
Leather Steering Wheel and Gear Knob
Electronicly Foldable side View Mirror (Useful when in a car wash)

Jobo

#6 ·
jobo- actually its not a sport but a nice mix of sport and limited from here in the states. The limited has 17" wheels and sport has 18" here. steering wheel audio controls is standard on the limited. We do not even have rain sensor wipers! :(, auto dimming mirror is an accessory not standard on any here, auto start is also an accesory, electronically foldable mirrors is not available either :(. duel zone ac is a limited feature here. and sad to say bluetooth and nav system is not available here :( Darn..

jobo said:
71GS455 said:
Welcome Jobo,

So what is included in the "Executive Package?"
Thanks Steve. The Executive Package here in Scadinavia is equevalent to Sport in US I guess. It includes everything except DVD Navigation, Leather Seats and Bluetooth.

It has:

Arctic Green Metallic Color (Everglade in North America), 6T6
17'' Alloy with Yoko tire
6 CD Changer with MP3 Compactible and Steering Wheel control
Dual Zone Auto AC
Auto Dimming View Mirror (Useful for night driving and winter)
Cruise Control
Rain Sensor Wiper
Smart Entry and Start System (Very handy)
Front Fog Light
Leather Steering Wheel and Gear Knob
Electronicly Foldable side View Mirror (Useful when in a car wash)

Jobo

G
#7 ·
Flyingn,
Thanks an indeed it is a nice mix of Sport and Limited in the States but is sad to hear that you guys don't have that much as standard on both Sport and Limited! Well is a shame that car manufacturers do this. But anyay we pay more here in Europe than US so that explain it all.

G
#9 ·
puttputt said:
Hi jobo and welcome to the forum! When you get your new RAV, it would be great if you could share some pictures of it. I'd love to see what it looks like compared to the US models.
Hi and thanks for that. Sure, as soon as I get my new toy and a good sunny day I will take some photos and share it with members.

#10 ·
Welcome! As it is right now, why don't you put some pictures of your 03 RAV in your ALBUM. Then you'll always have them on here to compare to your new RAV when it comes.

Great to have you here. Love hearing from people all over the world. Its winter here too so the cold is something I can relate to. Example Melbourne AUS. 24C (80F). NewBrunswick Can. -18C(0 F). And don't forget the windchill factor -34. Buuuurrrrr!

Can't wait for spring. Enjoy our fourms.

Later. M.

G
#11 ·
Thanks M and sorry for not putting more photos in my album simply becouse my Computer second Hard Drive CRASH HAAARRRD and lost almost all of my JPEG images taken by my Canon G2 :evil: Hence I only have one for now. The weather is very bad now to take photos but as soon as is sunny here in Helsinki with no slush on the road and I wash my RAV then will surely take some more photos of it with my Powerful Canon EOS 350D and 17-40mm L lence and add it to my album for viewing pleasure.

Joe

G
#13 ·
Marcutio said:
Welcome! As it is right now, why don't you put some pictures of your 03 RAV in your ALBUM. Then you'll always have them on here to compare to your new RAV when it comes.

Later. M.
Hi, as promised I have put some photos of my 03 RAV into my ALBUM for members viewing pleasure! Also as suggested those images will definitely be compared to the 06 RAV when I have it hopefully soon.

Jobo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.