Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon,

I purchased myslef a 4.1 Rav estate to use as a daily driver for myself and the dog to keep the fuel and miles down on my subaru. I spent a hefty 800 pounds on it!! :D

I really wasn't expecting much, I've had a few 90's jap cars and wanted a reliable little truck that I could take down the lanes and fishing and not be worried about. I can do most maintenance myself and when looking up parts prices for these they were dirt cheap to maintain.

Well, I took it on the motorway and drove it an hour and a half home and I am really surprised by it. I have a soft spot for it already. It feels really safe and is exactly what I was after.

Its not trying to be anything it isnt, seems good at what it is and has loads of room for the dobe.

My main concern is rust, I will get a good look at the underneath and treat anything soon. There was nothing that looked too bad, just surface but I want to check it all over as the engine and box seem so good it would be a waste to lose it to rust.

The car itself it a 1998 black gx, previosuly owned by a doc from new. 118k miles on clock, jsut had a new cambelt and pump and has full service history.

I'll put some pics up when I get some taken.

Cheers

:smile

·
Registered
423 Posts
Welcome from Pennsylvania

1 - 3 of 3 Posts