Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

This is starting to sound like a broken record but I just purchased
my Flint Mica Rav4. Took 3 months of comparing the Crv, Element,
Saturn Vue, Matrix and small trucks. I almost went with the Crv but
decided to wait for the 06 Rav (glad I did) I am an avid mountain
biker and needed something to put the bike inside to keep
honest people honest. The Rav is replacing an old Astro van
that gets 17 mpg. This is also my commuter vehicle.

Ray

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Congrats Ray!! Good thing you decided to get the RAV instead of the CRV. Another Flint Mica owner :?... geez.. yeah, you sound like a broke record :wink:.

Anyways, welcome to the forums!! This is the best RAV forums ever! :)

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats. I just bought my 06 Sport and pick it up tonight....so exciting. I've come from nothign but small sports car after another (300gt, ecipse, tiburon..etc), big change for me....

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ray,

Im cross shopping the Element EX-P 4WD automatic (can be had for $20,128 incl dest) versus the base or limited Rav4 4cyl.

As a mountain type guy, Im surprised you went for the RAV. I would have thought the E is perfect for you. No interior carpet to worry about when your bike gets muddy. Can stand bikes up if you need to. Satellite radio. Sunroof, etc.

Please share your purchase decisions with me as I am in the same boat.

·
Super Moderator
1,561 Posts
Grats and welcome! We sure are picking up a lot of new "neighbors" in the community! 8)

Way I see it, the current CRV is on its last legs, with a new model year coming out this fall. Historically, Honda has a habit of waiting for Toyota to push out their new models then Honda comes in and tries to one-up them on last minute features.

The CRV is a nice vehicle for what it does, but it just doesn't "do it" for me -- first time I saw and drove it, the CRV came across as a junior soccer mom minivan with conventional doors and it's never shaken that feeling from me.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
purduealum91

The real world mpg on the element is 18-22 and have seen as low as 16, and the crash test rating was not that good for side impact. I have a friend in sales for Honda and would have got a great deal on one.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fair enough Ray. I had an 04 Element 5 speed. I avg 24.

Thanks!

Tom

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nduda78 said:
Congrats. I just bought my 06 Sport and pick it up tonight....so exciting. I've come from nothign but small sports car after another (300gt, ecipse, tiburon..etc), big change for me....
How'd you like the Tiburon? That was a car I wanted since I first saw them. Tried getting one with my last car but they didn't give me enough for my trade. Welcome to the Rav4 world!!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome Ray, and congrats on your first RAV4 purchase! I am now on my second RAV4! Love 'em, and will always get a RAV... (my first was a 1996 RAV4).

Have fun!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts