Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having RAV4 issues and luckily found this website. It has already been very informative. My Rav4 is a 2006 4 wheel drive base model. I live in Delaware. Recently my ABS, VSC, 4 wheel drive, check engine came on and it is shaking. I had it towed to dealer. They say I have some damaged wires to the ignition coil that rats have chewed on and they also claim that a diagnostic based on the warning lights indicates I need 2 new oil control valves on the backside of the V6. Both repairs will cost over a $1000. I am very skeptical of the oil control valve claims. Can someone help me?
[/LIST]

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Welcome! Problems with rodents chewing Toyota wiring unfortunately occur, and more often than they ought to. As I understand it the oil control valves have electrical wiring and plastic actuators, so if that is the situation it certainly is possible that rats have damaged those valves and their wiring as well as the other wiring. Other forum members may have more info.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Blogson. The oil control valves were not a wiring issue. He said the valves were plugged with debris from having my oil changed at Jiffy Lube.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts