Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i am a professional mechanic and longtime toyota owner including a 2007 base model 4 cyl awd Rav4. As time allows i will share the specific areas to watch for in the maintenance of these vehicules and their known weaknesses so you can keep the vehicule trouble free as long as possible. I am an independent not affiliated or sponsored by any product line or company. I have made my business and reputation locally by saving people money and potential problems with their vehicules, not by gouging them. I am not superman or clairvoyant, i just know what works from experience. My reason for posting is to educate after astonishment about what certain repair shops and dealers will try to make you believe and charge you from the stories i happened to see in a few forums i browsed. The list of weaknesses in order of importance with remedies are as follows and will be in their proper chapters in this forum ; 1-automatic transmission weakness and fluids. 2- 2.4 liter engine weaknesses and oil consumption issues 3- High rate of alternator failure. 4- Poor durability of front brakes. At the end of the day everyone consulting these forums needs to also browse elsewhere on the net to verify and quantify the percentage of these problems so you can validate them to your satisfaction along with possible remedies and repairs. My first " beware or repair" post will be in the transmission chapter.
Jeff

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,892 Posts
Welcome to RAV4World, Jeff! We appreciate your insights and expertise.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts