Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all members, new member here. Could anyone please tell me what the other cable is in the photo. I have a 94 rav4 and have a vibration type sound coming from the upper cable, when I apply pressure on it with my finger the noise disappears ? Cheers Derek

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
I believe that one is the transmission kickdown cable... Other should be throttle cable that goes to cruise control box if applicable. I haven't seen a reason for that cable to vibrate unless it is loose on one of the brackets?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have reposistioned the 2 nuts to cause a tension and that seams to have an effect on the sound . So if I tightened the nuts to take any slack out of the cable would this be a cure ? Also where does the cable connect to ? Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Forgot to mention that this only happens first thing in morning when engine is cold , and only in P or N. No sound in D or R . Once driving and engine is warm sweet as ?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Is there another reason you're engine vibrates when cold? Possibly worn motor mounts, engine misfire, something out of balance?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Runs smooth and sound, just this noise that's there. Was thinking of a trans fluid change then I can see (hopefully ) that theirs nothing loose, broken on kickdown cable ? 1994 Rav doesn't have a rechangeable trans filter ? Do I have to get new gasket ? Any pros and cons about ATF change would be welcome, thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts