Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone
Miguel here with a 1999 rav4. It has 200, 000 miles on it, manual transmission and has been taken care of very well. New clutch and things about 60 ,000 miles ago, except for the timing belt, otherwise
the interior is really clean and a few nicks and small dents on the outside. it does burn about a quart of oil every 1000 miles, but I can live with that since I ride a motorcycle pretty much year round. Last year I drove 3 times due to extreme weather, but now my son and daughter have moved out and taken the spare cars, which leaves me with no back up. So i got me a Putt Putt
i just have bought all the items to do the timing belt/water pump/ oil pump seal work. Watched Elle_rav4's video several times and am ready. I am a former aircraft mechanic and luckily also don't have ABS on this little critter. (yaaa )
This place look like a good source for info and look forward to see what people are doing to these cars
Happy Holidays
Miguel

·
Registered
8,066 Posts
Welcome, Miguel! Enjoy your 1999 RAV4, wish that RAV4s of all generations still could be ordered with manual gearboxes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts