Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm new to this site. I've had my Rav 4 since last summer and I love it. The winter where I live is pretty harsh and the snow piles high. It was awesome on the snow. The 4x4 system works extremely well and tire spin is minimal. If you crank it hard while in a slow speed turn you can fish-tail it out pretty good and get some side-ways action going as you pick-up speed moving forward. Very cool. For winter I went with the optional narrower size of 215/70R16 in a Cooper Discovery. They are the best tires for this truck by far and in the mud they are also exceptional. (been there too) I've had alot of winter tires in the past on other vehicles and have found these to be the best yet. Summer is a different story. I stick with the on-road type and I preffer the "H" rated or above for the handling and steering response. Did I mention I sell tires? I also build custom one of a kind furniture and have a hitch on my Rav that pulls my trailer. Got to go. Marcutio out! :)

T

·
0 Posts
....no worries.....hey when you could drive over here,
on your way can you stop off in Sydney and pick me up a box of Krispy Kreme doughnuts?? I heard they are quite nice! :D

S

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

with that said, nothing beats a Krispy Kreme right off the line, nothing! Sure it is pure fat, but when you are eatin a doughnut like that, well, you should expect that. Don't want the fat, don't eat a doughnut.

Oh, and as for the fish tailing, its great, untill the AWD kicks in and totally messes up the dynamics of the drift/fish-tail (depending on how you excute it) (took me quite a while to learn how the system works, and wrappin the rims wit dunlop all-weathers)

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love krispy kreme too. My wife is from Texas and everytime we travel through the U.S. we have to by them ONCE. After that we can't look at them for another year. The HOT sign is an awesome idea. Tims doesn't have that but we have a million choices of flavors. Happy eat'in. Cheers.

P.S. When you start your slide/wheel spin if you hammer it down you can get all four to spin as you drift sideways on the right hard- packed somewhat icy parking lot and its alot of fun. My friend has an Audi and his will transfer 60% power to the back wheels when he hammers it down. He is the real master but I try my best. I try not to tear it up too much. There is a line between respect for the machine and fun for the driver. M. Out!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts