Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!
Im a newbie in Australia & have just purchased a Nokia Bluetooth incar hands free kit. Does anyone know which wire is the Mute wire on the back of the stereo in a 2002 Rav 4 Cruiser???

Or doesnt it have one?

Im lost!! :?

thanks,Josh

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the mute wire is only available on aftermarket stereo decks... when i got my stereo i was wondering what to do with that wire. cuz the stock one doesn't have it.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ultima!
I tracked down a couple of forums & think i found the unused prong on the back of the stereo.All i had to use was an everyday testlamp & when u touch the right one,it mutes the stereo-BINGO!!!

Thanks for the reply anyway mate

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If your headunit is a FujitsuTen unit, it may have a mute wire:

for 2002 see if this looks familiar:

pin 7 on the CN701 looks promising

for 2003 try this:
2003 diagram
I ground pin 6 on the CN700 with my car kit and it works great

Good luck. This info is provided without warranty and at your own risk, of course :) Good luck

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Ravenous!!!!

That diagram you posted is SPOT ON-Where were you 12 months ago when i was installing my stereo??????LOL

Im definately saving that pic for further stereo upgrades etc.

Thanks RAV for your time & such a detailed response
:D
Josh

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Most happy to help. It was no work - I posted this on the old RAV4World and just had to look up my diagrams. Where are you in Australia? My son who drives our RAV is visitng there (Canberra, Sydney) with his high school band in 2 weeks and I told him to be on the lookout for 2 door RAV's :mrgreen:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Ravenous,
Im in Sydney,thats about 2.5 hours away from Canberra-Thats ALOT of 2 door RAVS away from where i live-LOL!

The only time i get to see Canberra is on the way to the snow.

Anyway,thanks again!!!!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, half their trip is in Canberra and the other half in Sydney. I think they are giving 4 concerts in all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts