Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
.....95,000 Miles, from a nice older couple who kept every single on-schedule maintenance record from the dealer since new. Car looks new inside and out. Even kept the original brochure and a gas maintenance log - every gallon of gas, cost per gallon, mileage per tank and amount, dated and noted. I've never seen anything like it. Every option except for leather seats and 3rd row seating. Price was extremely reasonable (they liked that I had a rescue pup that needs transporting.) I've been on here all day, and learning a ton from the forum.

I have a question about the dash brake light. Of course, as soon as I drove away from the sellers house, it comes on and won't turn off. I made sure the parking brake was completely down, and the master cylinder is at least 3/4 full. Of course, I failed MD inspection because of it. Should I unplug the sensor in the master cylinder just to pass inspection? According to the inspection, the brake pads are in good shape and there are no leaks.

Thanks for any advice!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,127 Posts
I'm not sure but it's likely that with ABS the brake error light is more sophisticated than just a fluid level & parking brake lever indicator. Maybe someone can check the schematics to find out more. If so I'd have the codes read with an All-Code reader like the professional Autel I have. A basic OBD2 reader won't work. Note the codes and reset them to see which if any come back first.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello mdickinson, it is a pretty nice color!

Thanks Dr Dyno. I was hoping to find out whether or not it could be something as simple as a faulty sensor or stuck switch somewhere. Taking it into a dealership to have codes read would be a last resort, but if there is no other option, I do need to pass inspection!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts