Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Rav4 Limited
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello y'all, we just picked up a one owner rav4 Limited Awd 2 days ago. Currently has 89k on the clock. We decided to sell our 03 and 99 4runners. Both were Limited 4wd so it made sense to get the Awd version of our Rav4. I researched and watched prices for about 4 months and honestly feel lucky to have found the one we purchased. Its so much more comfortable and roomy compared to the 4runners. Yes, smaller in size but my 6'1" 230lb frame knows no difference. Anyways, I've read things like no in-channel window visors. Is this true to all brands? Im getting ceramic tint on front doors and hopefully across the entire windshield if I can find a shop to do it. Other than those 2 items, I tend to upgrade stock once its needed so I'll be back at the appropriate time for y'alls wisdom. Any insight you may have regarding these awesome little Toyota's would be greatful as well. Thanks

·
Registered
8,369 Posts
Welcome! Congrats on getting your RAV4. Interesting observations comparing it with your 4Runners. One can get a huge amount of knowledge by using the Search functions at the top of this page.

·
Registered
2013 Rav4 Limited
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Honestly, I can't fathom why anyone would pay premium prices for the 3rd gens. Our 99 fetched more money than our 03. The Rav4 feels like the same size as the 99,with more comfort than the 03. Rav4 has a smaller turn radius. Kinda weird, the Rav4 is smaller in every way, yet surprisingly comfortable and pleasing. The 99 obtained maybe 15 mpg (Limited 4wd,auto, 3.4 .. the 03 averaged 19-20 ( Limited 4.7 v8,auto,full time 4hi). 03 Limited seats got hotter than the Rav4. Being their all Toyota's , you can about close your eyes and they seem to blur together as far as the overall feel if that makes sense. Lastly, after selling the 4runners for the Rav4 upgrade, we're also selling our 1986 CJ7 in order to fund the restoration of our 1987 Toyota pickup 4x4. Super stoked all the way around.

Yes, I tend to Google stuff till the cows come home. I don't understand why folks will post asking advice when there's already pages of the same question. ....takes all kinds to make the world go round

·
Registered
2013 Rav4 Limited
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nodnerb, thank you very much. Im a fan of Weathertech. Thats the brand we'll be getting. Visors , cermainc tint on front windows and hopefully a clear ceramic on windshield. Looking into led bulbs ,but other than that the Rav4 will remain stock. We love it .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts