Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am getting a Body side Moldings and Cargo liner, have to get on from US.

wanted LED lights for interior but the ones sold on EBAY indicate that HYbrid RAV4 is not compatible ? any ideas ?

Thanks

·
Registered
218 Posts
Just go to a place like Performance Improvements we have in Ontario. Any specialty shop should carry a whole line of LED bulbs.

Hi all,

wanted LED lights for interior but the ones sold on EBAY indicate that HYbrid RAV4 is not compatible ? any ideas ?

Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
I bought all weather mat and cargo liner, cargo cover, cargo hammock net. I would not rush to get Interior LED yet. The value or benefit of interior light to be LED is not significant beneficial because it is not something to be enjoyable all the time as they are mostly off when you are driving. Perhaps they don't drain the battery overnight if you left it on. Regarding compatibility, it is often the vehicle has sensor to detect outage of interior light. Small LED light does not come with same resistance as incandescent light bulb. Most of time the off market one will make a resistor pack to simulate the resistance to fool the sensor. However, I see it defeat the purpose of power saving benefit as the resistor pack would consume extra power.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks
They are rather useless as they just turn on when you open the door. So, there is a soft glow in the footwells. According to Toyota there is no exclusion for the Hybrid. The part number is PT413-42130. They install is not for the faint at heart though. A lot of work for 2 LEDs.

Here are the install instructions:
https://www.rav4world.com/d1/attachments/pdf/2013/Interior%20Light%20Kit.pdf

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you for all replies.

I was thinking about LED replacement bulbs. The instructions to put foot well LED are so good but its a tremendous job requiring lots of front end interior trim parts disassembly, too much work for me.

I am thinking of tow package but only after few month, may be July.

anybody used any wax/protection products right after the delivery ?
I am thinking
Turtle Wax ICE® Synthetic Spray Wax

Any thoughts|?

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
My Prius had the foot well lights, and they were a complete waste. No useful function at all, other than to create atmosphere. Some folks put brighter bulbs in them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks
Check out the thread "Let there be LIGHT!" in the Interior Forum. There is a ton of information there about where to buy LED lights and even a video on how to install them. I did it and it was relatively easy. IMHO, the LED lights are MUCH better than what it comes with and does make a huge difference. Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thank you,

I am a bit worried cause the kit on the internet indicated they are not compatible with the Hybrid Model. i am still looking for a compatible bulbs for interior, I only want to change two bulbs up front and one in the trunk

·
Registered
270 Posts
I got:

Winter mats <-- Came free with the car in Canada
Winter mats again <-- This time the US OEM ones because they are better than the free Canadian ones
Cargo tray <-- Again from the US, since it's not available in Canada
Metal door sill protectors <-- Came free with the car in Canada
Rear bumper shield <-- Came free with the car in Canada
Cargo hammock <-- Came free with the car in Canada

·
Registered
218 Posts
A bulb is a bulb-they're all the same wedge bulbs used for the front and vanity lights. They don't use different bulbs in the hybrid vrs. the non-hybrid.

thank you,

I am a bit worried cause the kit on the internet indicated they are not compatible with the Hybrid Model. i am still looking for a compatible bulbs for interior, I only want to change two bulbs up front and one in the trunk

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Just ordered a bunch of stuff from this dealer in Wisconsin. Reasonable prices and they shipped the same day via FedEx. Saved about $150 over ordering from a local dealer.
Floor liners, mud guards, door sill appliques, bumper protector and cargo liner.

·
Registered
68 Posts
thank you,

I got LED bulbs off ebay. They work great, though they have a blueish tint.

I also got snow chains and a windshield reflector (to keep it cool in the sun).
Truck Tire Chains - 4x4 Trucks | Free US Shipping
All 2016 Toyota Models Intro Tech&apos;s" Best Custom Fit Sunshade Select Color | eBay

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks
Andy,

Newbie here. My dad just put down a deposit on a limited/tech, and the parts department couldn't find a listing for painted body side moldings in the electric storm blue he ordered, only in primer. also, they said that the cargo liner is not compatible with the raised cargo floor the hybrid has.

Can I ask where you are ordering from in the US? I've been hesitant because of the poor exchange rate to do cross border shopping lately and I don't know who has the best prices for Toyota accessories.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I can't find a part number for the 8X7 paint code either.....

buying them in primer and then having them painted ain't gonna be cheap

Now assuming the door panels are the same, you could use a contrasting color (silver mica?) but you'd really have to think that one out.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I can't find a part number for the 8X7 paint code either.....

buying them in primer and then having them painted ain't gonna be cheap

Now assuming the door panels are the same, you could use a contrasting color (silver mica?) but you'd really have to think that one out.
if i were to order from the US using rdgrimes's link they have 8X7 listed.

2016 RAV4 Accessories - Toyota Canada is so useless... i can't even find mudflaps :confused:

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Andy,

Newbie here. My dad just put down a deposit on a limited/tech, and the parts department couldn't find a listing for painted body side moldings in the electric storm blue he ordered, only in primer. also, they said that the cargo liner is not compatible with the raised cargo floor the hybrid has.

Can I ask where you are ordering from in the US? I've been hesitant because of the poor exchange rate to do cross border shopping lately and I don't know who has the best prices for Toyota accessories.
The incompetence of dealer employees sometimes takes my breath away.

Door sill applique: PT747-42130
Bumper protector: PU060-42016-P1
Mud guards: PU060-42S16-P1
Floor liner set: PT908-42166-20
Hybrid cargo liner: PT908-42160-02

That's all I got.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Bully Bumper/Step/Light Added

I just installed a protective bumper step on my Rav4 hybrid. Having already installed a 1 ¼ inch Curt hitch receiver, I found a little bumper for when my bike rack or trailer is not being used.

I had a simple one of these in my 2001 Rav4 and it gave me a sense of protection from rear end damage.

This one serves three purposes – a brake light, a step for the roof rack and protection for the rear. It works with both the 1 ¼” and 2” receiver.

Amazon.com: Bully CR-605L 605 Series 2 in 1 Receiver Hitch Mount Step with LED Brake Light: Automotive

The light plugs directly into trailer wiring.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
I got the following on my 2016 RAV4 XLE AWD w/Convenience Package

- All Weather Mats (came with car from dealer)
- Body Side Molding (came with car from dealer - didnt pay extra since I was willing to take car in stock)
- Mudgards (50% off with Costco Auto Program through which i purchased the vehicle)
- Wheel Locks (50% off with Costco Auto Program through which i purchased the vehicle)
- Cargo Cover (50% off with Costco Auto Program through which i purchased the vehicle)
- Rear Bumper Protector Sill Plate (50% off with Costco Auto Program through which i purchased the vehicle)
- LED Lights for interior (from Amazon)
- Stainless Steel Door Sill Plates (from Amazon)
- Leatherette Seat Covers (from Amazon)
- Auto-Dimming Mirror w/Homelink (from Dave mentioned in the forums)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts