Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm having trouble with a couple features and looking for some help on a new 2016 Rav4 Hybrid Limited.

Setting the radar cruise control, Is it correct to turn on the cruise control by holding the button in for two seconds ( get a Radar Ready message) then pressing the lever down to set a speed that overtakes the car in front so that the radar control kicks in?

Stopping Navigation, Is there an easier way to stop the navigation than going into the Edit Destination menu.

HD Radio not available, Is it possible to get Traffic, Gas Price etc from cell data when there is no HD Radio signal?

Is there any to access navigation functions while the car is moving?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
You have two options on the cruise control, both detailed in the manual, vehicle to vehicle and constant speed.

http://www.toyota.com/owners/resources/owners-manuals/rav4-hv/2016

Dynamic Radar Cruise Control

In vehicle-to-vehicle distance control mode, the vehicle automatically

accelerates and decelerates to match the speed changes of the preceding

vehicle even if the accelerator pedal is not depressed. In constant

speed control mode, the vehicle runs at a fixed speed.

Use the dynamic radar cruise control on freeways and highways.

Vehicle-to-vehicle distance control mode (P. 255)

Constant speed control mode (P. 260)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You have two options on the cruise control, both detailed in the manual, vehicle to vehicle and constant speed.
Thanks. I read the manual several times and still have to ask the questions because it was not working for me. The question I asked is pretty straight up about how to engage dynamic radar cruise control and that aspect is not well addressed in the manual. The annunciators on the multifunction display are not well described either as far as what confirmation you should see if you are in constant speed mode, radar mode or transitioning to radar capture. Doing a key word search in a PDF was the least of my problems. That said, Operator error is a strong possibility.

Anybody have this figured out?

·
Registered
644 Posts
You can enable disable adaptive cruise control (in small screen setup). If enabled, it will engage automatically if you go fast and behing another vehicle. And cruise control on.

~ 2016 Toyota RAV4 Limited Electric Blue ~

1 - 6 of 6 Posts