Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2015 XLE RAV4.

This vehicle includes Navigation and also allows many different audio choices with Entune.

I also own a Samsung Galaxy S5 phone.

Since pairing with the Rav4 radio I am getting intermediate chimes when I play the bluetooth audio. The chimes cause a break in the audio playback and typically repeat the chime and stutter.

I had no playback issues with my previous car radio.

I have noticed that the Samsung phone goes into a format that limits the options that you can choose with it while you are driving. (Car Mode). I have tried unsuccessfully to disable this. I don't know whether this causes the audio playback issues or if something else is causing the problem.

When I click on the Car Mode icon on the phone it doesn't give an option to get out of Car Mode.

Any ideas on how I could resolve the bluetooth audio issue?

·
Registered
166 Posts
@immpe - It sounds just like those interruptions are notification sounds from your phone. Bluetooth audio is a shared output stream, and if you have new mail or text notifications occurring, those will override the music or other audio programs and output via Bluetooth audio.

Just to do some troubleshooting - try using the Don't Pause app or Tasker. You can also try turning on the Do Not Disturb function on the phone too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the link to the thread discussing the latest Entune update. In the thread it linked to the actual download site. In looking at the change description it didn't specifically list bluetooth connectivity issues but I don't believe it would hurt giving this a try when I get the opportunity today.

Thanks for the idea; I will check this out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@immpe - It sounds just like those interruptions are notification sounds from your phone. Bluetooth audio is a shared output stream, and if you have new mail or text notifications occurring, those will override the music or other audio programs and output via Bluetooth audio.

Just to do some troubleshooting - try using the Don't Pause app or Tasker. You can also try turning on the Do Not Disturb function on the phone too.
It may be that the interruptions are notification signals. However I did not see any correlation to incoming texts. I will have to see if it matches up with incoming e-mails. If by chance it is this I will have to somehow disable this from the car audio or my phone.

I would at least like to figure out how to turn off the Car Mode on my phone as it's not giving me anything helpful and it appears to be running my battery down quicker.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I believe you have to turn off Car Mode when you aren't connected via Bluetooth. It should be a toggle switch in the notification panel.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tron: I looked at your snapshots and was certain that my phone did not include these specific settings. I looked at my general settings as well as the drop down settings and nothing showed up that matched your above screens. Then I Google searched under my phone and register car and realized that I had to 1st be in Car Mode and then choose Settings in which the screens actually show up the way you have displayed.

I have disabled the auto connect to bluetooth. I can see that it now doesn't automatically connect anymore. This is very helpful. I don't know whether it will prevent the interruptions with my bluetooth audio playback but at least one hurdle is out of the way.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Zooks 64: It looks like our cars are twins.
Not quite, mine is a 2013 LTD.

We certainly have good taste though :D

I have a Galaxy Note 4 and I hate it when the notifications break into my BT Audio stream.

I only listen to podcasts in the car. Many of the podcast apps did not offer the option to play through notifications but the BeyondPod app does. It is, so far, the best of all the podcast apps I have used. Believe me, I've tried nearly all of them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Not quite, mine is a 2013 LTD.

We certainly have good taste though :D

I have a Galaxy Note 4 and I hate it when the notifications break into my BT Audio stream.

I only listen to podcasts in the car. Many of the podcast apps did not offer the option to play through notifications but the BeyondPod app does. It is, so far, the best of all the podcast apps I have used. Believe me, I've tried nearly all of them.
I guess my car is the younger twin. :smile Your avatar caught my eye because even the back styling of your Rav appears to be the same.

Bluetooth most certainly is the best way to listen to audio in the vehicle. I personally listen to Audible Audiobooks most of the time. I've never tried Podcasts but given the right broadcast it would have to be enjoyable on a commute.

Today I didn't have any playback disruptions. I'm waiting to see whether there will be interrupts with e-mails on my phone. I would have to say though that things are a lot better when not running Car Mode.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts