Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2008 with ~65k miles. Just looking for a heads up on what’s to come maintenance-wise. I’ve heard about oil lines and head gaskets. Anything else coming at me soon?

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you look up at the stickies at the top of the forum, you'll find a thread on the oil hose issue - this only affects the V6. If you have the all metal oil line, you are ok, if not, you might want to address it before it becomes a problem. Head gaskets shouldn't be a problem on the V6, nor on the third gen 4 cylinder (like 2008). I think (and I would double check this as I'm not sure) that it was the 2nd gen 4 cylinders that had a reputation for the head gaskets.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Congratulations - getting a '08 with such comparatively low mileage is a plus. As RTF posts forum members need to know which engine you have to provide advice. Maintenance schedule for normal items is available at www.toyotaowners.com Also you can register using your VIN and can access the record of maintenance and repairs done by Toyota dealers and also entries by previous owner(s).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts