Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not my first Toyota--I have owned a couple of early MR2's, and still own a fully restored 1989 Supercharged MK1.

My wife has wanted a small SUV, and my son also needs a AWD car for some of his travels, so it was between a Subaru Forester and a RAV4 for the limited budget we wanted to spend. Found a 2006 that belonged to a TV actor here in the SF bay Area, that had a lot of highway miles on it from him going back and forth to LA before he finally moved down there.

Was in good mechanical shape, but needed some cosmetic TLC. I am a car restorer, so I wasn't too worried about repairing and repainting the rear bumper skin , spare tire cover, and a few other little touch ups. also did the struts and shocks, disabled the faulty TPMS with help form the forum, and injected some lubricant into the steering shaft to reduce the clunking. Put a set of the fantastic Copper CS5 tires on it as well.

really enjoying the car--very fun little car with a ton of room in it for hauling stuff.

·
Registered
8,576 Posts
Good to hear that you're enjoying the RAV, and you likely made a logical selection of the Toyota over a Subaru Forester. My wife bought a new Forester a few years ago and it was by far the worst vehicle we've owned - always something wrong with it, and had incompetent Subie service depts. to contend with.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts