Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This unit just plugs into the obd2 connector and looks like they are selling. Just would like to know if anyone has bought one and there thoughts. I have a 2009 with the v6.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,715 Posts
This unit just plugs into the obd2 connector and looks like they are selling. Just would like to know if anyone has bought one and there thoughts. I have a 2009 with the v6.
What is the purpose of this thing? Is it supposed to give you more power? Can you provide a link?

·
Registered
731 Posts

While you are at it, get one of those magnets that line up the fuel molecules, and also buy one of those Tornado devices.

This is all crap... "up to" means nothing. Do you want to damage your engine by plugging something into your car that you have no idea what it does or how it works?

A "trick" floating around the Intarwebs is to wire in a resistor to the IAT sensor fooling the PCM into thinking the inlet air is cooler than it actually is, thereby making the PCM widen the fuel injector pulse width.

I've been a mechanic for a long time, and was wrenching when the gas crisis hit. I saw water injection and a myriad of other "tricks" to increase mileage.

If the auto manufacturers could increase power by simply plugging some doodad into the OBD port, they would be lining up to use it.

Another example : K&N has a great marketing department but a crappy product.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it is the yellow one. Jut want know if another member bought one and liked it o is it just another fake chip

·
Super Moderator
10,125 Posts
Reminds me of the Amazing Voltage Stabilizer or whatever it was called. You plugged it into your dash 12V outlet and it did wonders for not only for your car's electrical system but for the whole world's power grid. :shrug:

Hey, maybe this is a reincarnation since there's 12V at the OBDII port. I'm just surprised it isn't $19.99 to make the you-get-what-you-pay-for crowd think it must really work. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,524 Posts
Reminds me of the Amazing Voltage Stabilizer or whatever it was called. You plugged it into your dash 12V outlet and it did wonders for not only for your car's electrical system but for the whole world's power grid. :shrug:

What? Are you telling us that it doesn't work and that it hasn't solved the world's electrical shortage problem? Now, that is really a letdown!:surprise

Maybe the Little Yellow OBD Box will actually work as advertised - the supposed 35% power increase may be just around the corner . . .:D

Reactions: Dr. Dyno

·
Registered
253 Posts
I don't want one. I couldn't handle the extra 35% power.
I've got a V6!

Reactions: Dr. Dyno

·
Registered
548 Posts
Off topic, but how come my BS flag doesn't work?
This forum does not support animated GIFs?

EDIT: It seems copying and pasting the image works,and allows animation, but attaching it does not.:?:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts