Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 07 Rav4 CV6 (which i think is the equivalent of US base model). I recently replaced the headunit with a doubleDIN Pioneer job. All was plug and play and done in about 30 mins (thanks Rav4world!)

I didn't realise however that although I had the ISO cable kit and it was all as easy as pie, that the audio controls on the wheel wouldn't work. I've now read that they are Bluetooth driven and i need a special aftermarket receiver and cable pack thing that will plug into the Pioneer 3.5mm control input.

Can someone explain how the steering wheel controls are read into the headunit? Is it indeed bluetooth controlled? In the cable kit that came with the headunit, it had 2 plugs that matched with the Ravs, but the Ravs third smaller one (that has maybe 3 wires coming into it) didnt have a match in the new cable kit. Is this the wheel controls? In this case does this mean they are hard wired?

:confused: :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
AFAIK, there is no Bluetooth connection for the steering wheel controls on the '07.

See if you can find your HU listed here:
TOYOTA Car Radio Stereo Audio Wiring Diagram Autoradio connector wire installation schematic schema esquema de conexiones stecker konektor connecteur cable shema

You should be able to find a PAC adapter, but be aware that the operation of the controls is rarely identical to the OEM unit.
http://www.pac-audio.com/productSearch.aspx?Make=Toyota&MakeId=33&Model=Rav4&ModelId=1642&Year=2007&YearId=18

http://www.pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=1016&CategoryID=29

·
Registered
59 Posts
We have a 2012 Rav4 Limited with the steering wheel controls that we installed a [FONT=&quot] Pioneer AVIC-8100NEX [/FONT]into. We used the following to get the steering wheel controls to work:

iDatalink Maestro ADS-MSW Steering wheel control interface
· Axxess AX-TOY28SWC - This harness wasn’t made for the Maestro steering wheel control, so our installer cut off the connector meant to plug into the Axxess steering wheel control unit and soldered the wires to the wires on the Maestro provided harness (which was really just a connector and a couple wires).

The steering wheel controls work perfectly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts