Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
The Drifter said:
and im also waiting for my new intake to come in (as i screwed up the last one... damn saws-all :lol: ) which is due here any minute now...
What happened with your intake and the sawz-all? :lol: Just curious. :D

By the way, when using a sawz-all; you should definitely use the correct blade for the application (i.e. a metal cutting blade when cutting metal, etc.) and to use the variable speed function if possible. A slow easy cut is better than going too fast, especially when using a tool like that. :D

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no lol, it was just a new, stronger sawz-all than im used to using for sound system installs (this one is used for tearing down cars at junk yards) but i needed something to hack the end of the intake off so i could attach a pod filter and hose to it, and my hand kind of...um... slipped. haha :lol: and ended up cutting it at a horrific angle that couldnt be repaired (well, it could have... i just didnt want to take the time to do it haha.) so i just said [email protected]#$ it, ill buy a new one.

i do feel bad for screwing it up as it was a gift from a friend, but she'll understand haha.

but yeah, i did use the right blade... and i tried to take my time, it was just stronger than i was expecting.

oh, and the intake came in literally right as i was walking out to go to work (i met him in my driveway) and now that i jsut got off, im about to install it and take it for a ride while theres no traffic... but i still have to wait untill thursday to install the plugs and wires, as my tools are all locked away at my school... (ive got no idea why i didnt think to take them home with me...)

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, i just got done installing the intake, but i ran into some problems. the intake kit from ebay came with 2 brackets that i have no idea as to what they go to, can anyone enlighten me on what they are for?

but other than that, just... DAMN... it sounds AWESOME. i cant get over that open-intake growl :lol: i cant get enough of it. i didnt really notice any power difference (i was too busy listening to it haha) but i did notice it did have more kick in the power band (4-5.5k) and i gained speed faster. man, now i cant wait to get those plugs in... then the header and exhaust 8)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts