Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Ummmm... spend the money on washing your car first. :lol: Just kidding. That hood would be certainly different, if that is what you are going for. I would be concerned with water entering the engine bay. Also, would it suit any functional purpose? Will you be installing a turbo with top mounted intercooler?

Another thing you might have to consider is how it will look with the underhood bracing, or will you cut them out. And how will cutting them out affect the structural integrity of the hood. Seek Andrew's advice on this one; he has something very similar to what you are thinking about doing. :D

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Derek said:
Ummmm... spend the money on washing your car first. :lol: Just kidding. That hood would be certainly different, if that is what you are going for. I would be concerned with water entering the engine bay. Also, would it suit any functional purpose? Will you be installing a turbo with top mounted intercooler?

Another thing you might have to consider is how it will look with the underhood bracing, or will you cut them out. And how will cutting them out affect the structural integrity of the hood. Seek Andrew's advice on this one; he has something very similar to what you are thinking about doing. :D
the guy cut the cover of the hood without touch the bars and he put a grill with foam and another grill holding the foam like a sandwich or like the material of a muffler free flow. I'm not going turbo... the gas every day is more expensive :cry:

·
Registered
302 Posts
How well does the single wiper work ?
Is it the same , better or worse in clearing the
window then two wipers ?

I'd hate to have "bling " factor over praticality .

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
ccaddy said:
window then two wipers ?

There is no bling factor in doing that single wiper... :roll:

Now if he had completely changed it out and customed in a Mercedes wiper than that would be a different story.. The mercedes has a full sweep covering the entire windshield...

Doing a cheap conversion of just swapping out the one wiper arm for the other and adjusting it you are missing a 1/4 of the windshield as you can see in his picture the wiper arm has to sit higher up in order to cover the distance of the driver side....

I did that on one of my 87 MR2's almost 10 years ago... :roll:

To each his/her own...

I say if you're going to do it , do it right and make it functional to full extent, try customizing a Mercedes single wiper if it can be done...

Just my .02 cents...

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ccaddy said:
window then two wipers ?

it clean exactly the same with 2 wipers but not clean all the winshield (just the driver side and a alf of the other side.

O

·
0 Posts
I think the hood would look nice, When I turbo mine I was going to do some thing like that and top mount the IC under the grill.

O

·
0 Posts
Yeah I Dont think there is a ton of room in the front bumper for it to go.

I TIG weld and build turbo cars all the time, so i dont think it should be a big problem to get it to work.

Here are my two turbo Nissans+ a buds black S13 that I made a kit for.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/709284

1 - 14 of 14 Posts