Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after 2 years in a 2.5L Limited AWD RAV, I've moved over the Hybrid world. Fuel economy is looking promising so far, just driving around town at -12C, I was averaging 8.0L/100 km. Loving the feel of the SE hybrid, much smoother and quieter than my 2015!

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
So after 2 years in a 2.5L Limited AWD RAV, I've moved over the Hybrid world. Fuel economy is looking promising so far, just driving around town at -12C, I was averaging 8.0L/100 km. Loving the feel of the SE hybrid, much smoother and quieter than my 2015!
Congratulations! When it gets warmer, the fuel economy will be lots better. :smile

·
Registered
101 Posts
Are you wheels standard, or did you change wheels & tires for winter? I didn't see steel wheels and hubcaps offered as an option here in the US.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are you wheels standard, or did you change wheels & tires for winter? I didn't see steel wheels and hubcaps offered as an option here in the US.
The wheels are aftermarket as are the wheel covers. I run a more narrow winter tire (215/70R17) as we get plenty of snow and ice up here. We will get at least 12 more inches of snow this week, good chance to see how the AWD-i handles the conditions versus the conventional AWD set up on my last RAV.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It is nice to have snow. I bought R4H recently but no snow for me to test its capability. Do report back please.

Thanks and congrat

·
Registered
218 Posts
Congrats from Ontario! We had a bunch of snow today in our area and I was goosing it quite a bit - man can she take off from a standstill! Left everyone in my snow!

·
Registered
449 Posts
How do you like the CVT?
I personally like it.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How do you like the CVT?
I personally like it.
I had experienced the CVT's from Nissan and Subaru and feared the worst. The CVT in the R4H is actually very good. The only time I heard it make the engine growl was in the mountains when climbing. Other than that, I am very pleased so far. I won't miss the constant gear hunting of the 6 speed automatic of my gas powered Limited.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts