Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright.. So I have to admit, I was heavily looking into purchasing a CR-V SE (I had a 1998 in the past and LOVED it) and then I stumbled upon the Rav4.. WOW! A lot of similarities but the RAV4's console alone was enough to make you rethink the CR-V..

So here I am.. Test drove the Rav4 Limited 4 Cyl. AWD last night and I am HOOKED!.. I will be purchasing as soon as this weekend or as late as 2 weeks from now so at this point I am scurrying to do the research on pricing, etc..

As you see I am in the Chicago area.. In the burbs by O'Hare actually.. Can anyone recommend a good dealer that they had experience with willing to work with the pricing with/for them?..

Did any of you get the "environmental package" added to clear coat/rustproof/scotchguard? What did you pay and is it worth it?

I think the only options I want are Moonroof & Side Curtain Airbags..

I would really like to get this vehicle for $24,000 including destination.. Unlikely? My goal is $26,000 out the door with taxes & all fees included..

You all have a great board here.. Hope you don't mind me loungin' around it from now on.. :wink:

·
Registered
656 Posts
The environmental package is a waste of money. It's just something the delars make a heavy profit on. The problem is finding one on the lot without it. They charge you several hundred dollars for about $10 worth of materials. Total rip off.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright.. Thank you all for the input and keep it commin!.. So far the best quote I have gotten is as follows.. (Thanks also to MoonRav4 for the additional leads)

MSRP COST

4cyl Lim 22555 20862

FE 0 0

GY 650 559

SR 900 720

Delivery 605 605

TOTAL 24,710 22,746

Sale price 22,746 plus 500 = $ 23,246 plus tax and fees

1 - 5 of 5 Posts