Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just picked up a 2005 black RAV4 for $18,500 at a dealer's year-end 'Toyota-thon'.

Has keyless entry and alarm and tinted windows. Otherwise it's a basic FWD auto model.

I didn't know it was even possible to get a Toyota under invoice, and we got that price without much haggling at all. Go figure.

Now we've got a little Toyota family with the wife's RAV and my Celica.

Tint was still an owed item when I took these:

·
Registered
986 Posts
You got a good deal for an 05 model, even for one that's fairly basic.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I was shocked to be able to get it for that price. Made it very competitive with the other small utes since it has traction control, ABS, and stability control standard.

The standard equipment on an '05 isn't exactly missing much and the exterior gray pieces go well with the black.

Wife likes it a lot more than her old Focus. And I don't feel like a putz when I drive it like I did her Focus, heh. We're actually getting better gas mileage out of this SUV than the auto Focus too.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Just go easy on it for the first thousand miles so it has time to break in.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well past a thousand miles now. Does Toyota use a break-in additive in the first oil fill(that you shouldn't change early)? Will probably switch to synthetic at 3000.

Then I figure we'll turbocharge it up to 500hp like some tuner shop did with a Scion tC, it's the same engine :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts