Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! New member and proud new owner of a Rav4. Just took her home yesterday. I was having some remorse because unfortunately i couldn't get the deal i wanted on a limited. So I had to settle with the XLE. I am very adamant about wanting to get the LED horizontal Daytime running lights on my XLE. I was also looking into getting softex installed by the dealership. They charge aprox $1300 to do so. But i have seen some horror stories when it comes to softex.

My questions are, if anyone knows of a way to get LEDS in the area where they are in the Limited models on the 2017s? Also if anyone has softex and if they would still recommend it. Should i spend the 1300? Is it worth it? I love the look and feel of them. The main thing i want to do is get LEDS where they come standard in the Limited models.

Thanks in advanced guys!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I would have looked at the SE model, nice model with led headlights, softex, pts ignition and blind sight monitoring. The price falls between the xle and limited. I would look at katzkin leather as a alternate to softex, I purchased the kit on ebay for my brothers '15 for $575 and did it in a weekend. Not sure about led headlights, oem would be costly(not sure they would even plug in.). I would suspect aftermarket headlights with led bars would be coming out shortly.

Sent from my R1 PLUS using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I test drove the SE. The SE has a Sports suspension which is different than all the others. In short, i hated the ride of the SE. It was far too stiff and you felt a lot more bumps in the road than with the XLE or limited. I loved everything else about the SE. I told the salesman, if he could put the SE on the XLE suspension i would have bought it right after the test drive. haha.

I requested a quote from a Katzkin dealer to see about cost. How do you like the Katzkin? How is it holding up? Worth the price? Did it also come with seat warmer inserts? The dealer can put all that in they said.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I test drove the SE. The SE has a Sports suspension which is different than all the others. In short, i hated the ride of the SE. It was far too stiff and you felt a lot more bumps in the road than with the XLE or limited. I loved everything else about the SE. I told the salesman, if he could put the SE on the XLE suspension i would have bought it right after the test drive. haha.

I requested a quote from a Katzkin dealer to see about cost. How do you like the Katzkin? How is it holding up? Worth the price? Did it also come with seat warmer inserts? The dealer can put all that in they said.
I just put the katzkin in 6 months ago for my brother and he's loving it, not as soft as the softex but definitely higher quality. I have installed katzkin in few a cars and they have all held up good. If your handy I would consider do it your self (watch a few you tube videos first). Most places will charge you $600-800 for the install. I did the seat heaters for him as well, I picked the kit up for $75-85(Front seats) and switches fit right into the factory location.

Sent from my R1 PLUS using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was looking at the headlights on my 2017 xle yesterday. It looks lithe led's are in the housings but they do not have the connection for them in the back. I would be curious to see if they could be made to work with some modifications.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I don't like the headlights/fog lights on the XLE, even a basic corolla has Led's like most cars nowadays. I upgraded the lights to HID's and Led's it looks better yeah, but still far from factory. I doubt the the 17 has a led's strip on the housing it would be too dumb to have it installed and not connected.

·
Registered
26 Posts
+1 for the heated Katskin leather seats.

Driver and passenger seat heater three-way switches are located on the front side of the center console and each has two different colored LEDs to identify HI or LOW (no LED = OFF). Heaters work nicely and seats have held up great for 51K miles so far.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts