Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking here at rav4world for a couple of months now. Since my wife and I picked up her RAV4 about two weeks ago, I figured it was time to sign in.

Special thanks goes to Kristi at Basil Toyota. Although we did not purchase the vehicle from her, she was more than willing to provide us a good price - actually the best price - for the RAV4 we were looking for.

She also provided some insight as to the invoice pricing (advertising fees and such) that helped us nail down what we figured to be a reasonable price for a popular truck.

We chose a local dealer and paid a couple-hundred more than Kristi's price, but we only had to travel about 38 miles instead of 380.

Thanks again Kristi.

We purchased the RAV4 from Dalia at Stephen AutoMall in Bristol, Connecticut. Although delivery of the RAV4 was delayed just over one week, Dalia stuck with us providing updates as she could. Who knew it could take more than a week to get a truck from a NJ dock to central Connecticut? Dalia was even kind enough to come in on her day off to deliver the vehicle to us.

Thanks again Dalia.

My wife really loves the truck so far and all is well - got about 25 mpg on the first two tanks of gas, really like the aux jack in the console for the MP3 player and I just added a Hidden Hitch for the bike rack. Passengers have liked the room in the back seat.

Of course - I still love my Xterra :lol:

Regards...

·
Registered
7,808 Posts
Congrats!!! I was in the market for an Xterra 8) when we stopped to look at the RAV... we decided the RAV was a better fit for my driving purposes.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any interest in sharing price numbers? I just put down a deposit and I am trying to decide what is fair as far as how much over invoice to pay.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think you can figure $500 over invoice is a pretty good bet in New England right now. I think we were right in that range.
Remember that invoice must include the TDA - Toyota Dealer Advertising and shipping. Also note that Dealer Conveiance Fees usually can not be skipped.
Don't nickle and dime it too much. a $250 difference in price from one place to another is no big deal.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Steve, what kind of cord do you use for the auxillary jack? Did it come with...? Do you hook up an ipod....? Are you able to control the ipod from the dash....?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrat's....But post some pic's of your new RAV4.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RavigailRavioli said:
Steve, what kind of cord do you use for the auxillary jack? Did it come with...? Do you hook up an ipod....? Are you able to control the ipod from the dash....?
Just use a regular 1/8 to 1/8 jack, both male ends. Plug one end into the aux jack in the console and one end into the "headphone out" jack on the iPod - or any other MP3 player.

The cord does not come with the RAV4, but you can pick it up at any electronics store for $5 or less - maybe RadioShack, Circuit City...

You can not control the iPod or any other MP3 player through the radio in the dash - other than the volume. (We've got the stereo that came with the Base model)

I have a short 5 inch adaptor (1/8 to 1/8) that allows my Nano to "hang" out of the front of the console to use the Nano's controls if needed.

I guess you could install a longer cord and somehow mount the player somewhere, but I have not given it much thought.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
steve49589 said:
I think you can figure $500 over invoice is a pretty good bet in New England right now. I think we were right in that range.
Remember that invoice must include the TDA - Toyota Dealer Advertising and shipping. Also note that Dealer Conveiance Fees usually can not be skipped.
Don't nickle and dime it too much. a $250 difference in price from one place to another is no big deal.
Never heard of all these fees. I think the NE is getting raked over the coals!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hear you.

They would not budge on the "dealer conveince fee" of $198. It seemed to vary from place to place. I think NY has a law that only allows this fee to be $45 or $50. I think it's just stupid, but what can you do. It's just a sales technique that I'm not a fan of.

They did include a VIN etch fee of $165 which I said no thanks too. I can do the etching myself for $20 with a kit.

Then there is the TDA - Toyota Dealer Advertising fee. My thought is "what. you want me to pay the advertising cost to get me to buy your truck"?

Dalia was good to work with and all was fine, I'd just prefer a more "pure" buying experience - give me the price and I'll add sales tax and registration fees to it myself. It just seems like they still want to do these goofy tricks that encourage my eyes to roll back.

Oh, don't forget the $3 "Lemon Law Fee"...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts