Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My name is Chris and we'll be taking delivery of our new, Hot Lava, 2016 RAV4 later today (Thursday), which, due to it's intensely cool, orange color, I'm naming "Gallifrey", the orange-hued home world to The Timelords, most prominently, The Doctor. Had I been able to snag one in a darker shade of blue, it would have become my TARDIS, but I'm pretty happy with Gallifrey for a name, as well. Looking forward to taking it on some awesome road trips and just discovering all it's bells and whistles. I've had several Toyota vehicles before, but my favorite was my classic '81 Toyota Celica which I had named Lockheed. Hopefully, Gallifrey will takes it's place in my litany of Toyotas I have enjoyed. Lifelong resident of the Ohio Valley, I'm hoping the RAV4 will open up roads to new adventures to the north, south east and west!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Congratulations and welcome from Pennsylvania!

Reactions: ChrisLW47130

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hey Chris. love that you referred TARDIS for your ride. Seems like you're a Doctor Who fan too. congrats on your purchase and enjoy the new RAV4!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Chris. love that you referred TARDIS for your ride. Seems like you're a Doctor Who fan too. congrats on your purchase and enjoy the new RAV4!
Yep. Major WHOvian here. Gallifrey is working out nicely. It DOES seem to lack a little in starting off pick-up, but I've discovered that I can use the paddle shifters to gain similar acceleration rates to a clutch, minus the clutch pedal, of course.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts