Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am awaiting eagerly for the hopeful arrival of a RAV4 PHEV in the USA next year (or the year after?). I just hope that they put a bigger battery pack in it than the tiny 8.8-kWh battery pack in the Prius Prime, which allows it to get only up to 25 miles of all-electric driving. (The 2019 Chevy Volt has an 18.4-kWh battery, giving up to 53 miles of all-electric range, for comparison.)

·
Registered
16 Posts
If they are coming out with the plug in hybrid I definetly want to wait for that option! I think 25-30 miles battery only range would be just right for this setup in most of my situations! Hope it comes out next year!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If they are coming out with the plug in hybrid I definetly want to wait for that option! I think 25-30 miles battery only range would be just right for this setup in most of my situations! Hope it comes out next year!
I suspect that 90% of RAV4 non-plugin-hybrid purchasers would buy the PHEV version instead, if it was an option -- once they realize how much more versatile the PHEV version is (not to mention that we'd get the maximum $7500 US tax credit if the battery is 16 kWh or larger, plus state rebates in many states on the order of $1000 or more). I hope that Toyota is really on board in getting this product to the US, and with a bigger battery than in the Prius Prime.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
cometguy
Toyota RAV4 Forums
Rav 4 World is the internet's largest Toyota Rav4 SUV and EV online forum community. Discuss towing, modifications, and more.
Full Forum Listing