Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I'm a new 2021 RAV4 Prime owner. We live in Colorado and our Prius just wasn't cutting it in terms of clearance and traction in the winter. I was able to score a RAV4 Prime from a dealer in MD and it should be delivered tomorrow if all goes well. Colorado dealers all have either absurd markups or long wait lists, so it was worth the shipping cost to me.

Look forward to participating in conversations with other RAV4 Prime (and non-prime) owners!

·
Registered
2016 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid XLE
269 Posts
They are certainly hard to come by! Hope your delivery goes smoothly and enjoy the new ride!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello! I'm a new 2021 RAV4 Prime owner. We live in Colorado and our Prius just wasn't cutting it in terms of clearance and traction in the winter. I was able to score a RAV4 Prime from a dealer in MD and it should be delivered tomorrow if all goes well. Colorado dealers all have either absurd markups or long wait lists, so it was worth the shipping cost to me.

Look forward to participating in conversations with other RAV4 Prime (and non-prime) owners!
Hello. We also live in Colorado and are getting our RAV4 Prime from the East Coast as well. I agree with your sentiments about needing a good car for winter. If you had your car shipped, who did you use?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello. We also live in Colorado and are getting our RAV4 Prime from the East Coast as well. I agree with your sentiments about needing a good car for winter. If you had your car shipped, who did you use?
How fortuitous my "if all goes well" comment was in the first post. I still don't have my car. New scheduled delivery is this Saturday.

I used Ship A Car Direct. They pretty quickly found a carrier. The carrier was based in VA right outside of DC. When I called on the scheduled delivery day just to see if it was on-track, I was told the "truck had hydraulic issues". Ok, so where is the truck? I mean, they had had the car for 8 days by then. The car was at their headquarters in VA. It hadn't moved a foot. I'm confident the truck didn't have issues, they thought they could fill a truck headed west and it didn't pan out.

I will say that Ship A Car Direct did a decent job recovering. They found me a new carrier and the new carrier is now delivering it. I've been in close contact with the Ship A Car Direct Ops Manager, and he's very communicative and understands what a colossal nightmare this has been. Pretty much every broker is the same. All they do is list the car on Central Dispatch and a subcontracted carrier picks it up. In my case, the first carrier was terrible. The second carrier seems to be better (of course I still don't have my car). So in terms of who to ship with, I don't have any recommendations for or against Ship A Car Direct or any other broker. The company actually moving the vehicle is really what matters and that can be a flip of a coin. Maybe having a broker that will stand by their commitment is a plus? I just wish it hadn't taken 8+ days to realize the original carrier had no plans of moving the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts