Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, all, from Tampa, FL. Picked up a 2016 RAV4 SE FWD yesterday. I mostly do commuting, lame I know. I had considered a Subaru Crosstrek. I'm not an outdoors activity person, but I usually prefer hatchbacks to sedans.

I'd wanted a taller car for a while, but I wasn't sure I could get my mother into a CUV. She has limited mobility, and I drive her around once in a while. She's able to get into her friend's Honda CRV, so I figured she could get into a RAV4. The salesperson thought the RAV4 was a bit shorter than the CRV. No such luck, it's taller, and she felt like she couldn't get into it -- perhaps the sport seats cup up a bit too much on the sides.

Anyway, the 'rents had a small metal step stool she uses to get into my dad's Jeep. That worked.
This is my fourth Toyota, and this upgrade is coming from a Prius. I liked the Prius, but I wanted something a little larger since people were always trying to run me off the road or cut in front of me aggressively. So far, other drivers give me a bit of room. Also, the Prius was kind of boring, and I hated the sound system compared to my previous Toyota.

I considered the hybrid RAV4, but they gave me a rainy-day-deal on the RAV4 SE. Not sure if I’m ready for the higher gas payment. But we’ll see. It costs me less to insure than the Prius, for some reason.

Better photos coming soon...

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Congratulations on your new ride - I like the Stormtrooper white! I use mine to commute as well, not as good a gas mileage as my trusty Civic, but I do appreciate sitting up a bit higher. Have fun and many safe commutes!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts