Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I'm glad I found this site so I can commune with other RAV fans!
I just took delivery of a new 2006 RAV4 Sport 4x4 V6, in gorgeous Flint Mica! This baby is loaded, with side & curtain airbags, JBL sound, moonroof, and all the Sport package goodies.

We just traded up from my wife's Saab 9-3 (2002), so we needed something with pep to match the turbocharged I4, but big enough for our growing baby (and all the luggage she travels with). The RAV fit our needs perfectly. To tell you the truth (and I know I'm going to piss off some old-timers here), I always thought of the RAV4 as a chick car. The styling was a little too soft for my taste, and I couldn't ever see myself in one. But one day, during my hunt for a small SUV, I saw a hot new RAV4 parked on the street, and I knew that I would be in one soon enough. This thing is beautiful! Real SUV styling, with crazy power and handling, decent mileage, and affordable! I was hooked as soon as my foot touched the gas on the test drive.

It took my broker a couple weeks to locate a car with the specific options I wanted, in Flint Mica (the only color my wife and I could agree on...it's stunning!), who would take the Saab as a trade-in.

We took delivery last week, and giddily went for a drive in Rockland county, just north of NYC. It's hard being diligent about not working the engine too hard during the break-in period! This car is an animal, and we love it!

I'll create an album with pics as soon as the weather clears up here in NYC, and I have a free afternoon. Just wanted to introduce myself to the forums! Hope to be an active part of the RAV4world site!

--DT

·
Registered
233 Posts
Congratulations! The V6 is just plain great, and that all with the mileage of a normal V6 car!
:thumbs_up:

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Hey DT you are lucky since normally the NY region does not get V6 sport with Side curtain bags. It must have come from out out of the region. And yes Flint Mica looks good on the truck!

Enjoy and keep us posted on likes and MPG.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congratulations! Can't wait to see pictures!!!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Way to go, DT! :thumbs_up:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome, I just bought a V6 Sport 4X4 in Flint Mica on May 27th. My first measured tank of fuel - I got 24.15 mpg! I hope you're doing as well. It's really hard to keep the wife from driving it - she has a Sienna and well, it's roomy and got the bells/whistles but it ain't fast & fun like the RAV4! Just washed and put a thick coat of NXT on it, sweating like a whore in church but it was worth it to see the shine. Nothing like NC heat and humidity, rained as soon as I finished, luckily I had put it back in the garage. I get my hitch installed next week and that's it till after warranty, then I think a cat back exhaust would be in order, oh forgot, I will get a K&N air filter to replace the factory maxi-pad.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OCInsomniac said:
Welcome DT, you made a nice choice with the Sport in Flint Mica. Whereabouts in the Apple you from?
Thanks, OC! I'm from the deepest part of the Apple (the core, if you will)...the place where parking costs more than my monthly car payment. Midtown :D

JIMD4 said:
Hey DT you are lucky since normally the NY region does not get V6 sport with Side curtain bags. It must have come from out out of the region. And yes Flint Mica looks good on the truck!
Jim, yes, I did have to get the Sport from out of the region...my broker found it for me at a dealer in Pennsylvania. Don't know if that's my region or not, but as long as I got it I don't care :D
Anyway, don't you guys think it's a weird option to offer? Isn't the extra $650 or so worth it for safety? I would think it would be standard (and I'm sure it will be in a year or two).

JuneBug said:
Welcome, I just bought a V6 Sport 4X4 in Flint Mica on May 27th. My first measured tank of fuel - I got 24.15 mpg!...Just washed and put a thick coat of NXT on it, sweating like a whore in church but it was worth it to see the shine...
I haven't yet calculated my MPG, but I've gone about 150 miles on a half a tank...so that's less than 20 MPG...I do do a lot of city driving though, so that's probably a reason. And maybe the fuel guage will go down slower from here.

So what's NXT? Sounds like a wax of some sort...is it protective too, or just for shine?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Welcome to the bright side 8) , We got our Blizzard White LTD on 5/20.. Did not feel that I needed the 4x4 or the six.
Love the car. and am looking forward to a nice three yr relationship with this hunk of metal. (g)
I see that your from the Apple. Are you any deeper than Flushing or 69 and CPW?
I also noticed your flag.. Another Lantzman....
How about taking the wife out to dinner at Pepe Don Vesuvio's,may be one of the city's best family style real Italian.
It is usually my first stop after I land at JFK.
Lefferts Blvd right behind JFK.. don't worry about the Rig. Neigborhood is old world Italian. No one will bother you or the car.

I sometimes make it back to the Apple, but I spend most of my time watching the grapes grow
A

1 - 12 of 12 Posts