Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Mine worked for a week when new, then stopped. After a month it started working again but quit in another week. Still in failure mode a month later. 2020 RAV 4 Hybrid.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I thought I'd cross post this in case anyone also experiences a random dead 12v battery:

·
Registered
132 Posts
So I called Toyota customer experience center:

800-331-4331 (then press 0)

Spoke with someone in the Technical support for remote services department. Informed them on my continuous issue with the app connectivity. He informed me they have been getting a lot for calls about the issue and they want people to call in about it. I gave him all my info about the vehicle and went on my way...

However, all of a sudden today my app is working as intended. It hasn't worked in 2 weeks. So not sure if calling them did anything, the agent was just getting a record of my complaint and did no troubleshooting techniques while I was on the phone.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
221 Posts
So I called Toyota customer experience center:

800-331-4331 (then press 0)

Spoke with someone in the Technical support for remote services department. Informed them on my continuous issue with the app connectivity. He informed me they have been getting a lot for calls about the issue and they want people to call in about it. I gave him all my info about the vehicle and went on my way...

However, all of a sudden today my app is working as intended. It hasn't worked in 2 weeks. So not sure if calling them did anything, the agent was just getting a record of my complaint and did no troubleshooting techniques while I was on the phone.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
I just called and was given a case #, and a temp fix at the dealer (battery pull). I told them no thanks I will wait for a real fix. So far nothing has changed on the app.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
I’m going on 3 weeks now without a problem since the last battery disconnect. Probably just dumb luck but that’s 3 weeks without my wife complaining about not being able to remote start her car.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I’m going on 3 weeks now without a problem since the last battery disconnect. Probably just dumb luck but that’s 3 weeks without my wife complaining about not being able to remote start her car.
Going strong for 11 days now. Most functions are working except the status/update. Never tried disconnecting battery. My remedy has been a long drive away from home.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Going strong for 11 days now. Most functions are working except the status/update. Never tried disconnecting battery. My remedy has been a long drive away from home.
Remarkably after I posted earlier tonight my wife reported the remote start didn’t work today.... Sure enough, the connection was broken again. Battery disconnect and working again now. 2-3 weeks at a time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It’s not the app. It is the onboard software that drops the connection and struggles to reconnect. Sometimes during a long drive it reconnects. Until a firmware update is issued this problem will persist.
This is basically the message I got from Toyota. They need to fix it on their side

·
Registered
86 Posts
For the last month or so... The only thing that doesn't update is my DTE and last location parked. Everything else seems to be up to date. I really considered subscribing to this service when the trial expired, but I'm definitely NOT going to anymore.

·
Registered
10 Posts
For the last month or so... The only thing that doesn't update is my DTE and last location parked. Everything else seems to be up to date. I really considered subscribing to this service when the trial expired, but I'm definitely NOT going to anymore.
I will be very interested in how they are going to extend subscriptions once fixed. I am also floored that this is taking so long to fix.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I will be very interested in how they are going to extend subscriptions once fixed. I am also floored that this is taking so long to fix.
Toyota was going to charge for a subscription fee for the Entune service on my 2012 Prius after 2 years. But before mine expired I got an email saying it was going to be free for all.

So it is known to happen.

I maybe spoiled but my $200 Roomba is online and reporting status to my iPhone but my $40K car isn't. It is an understatement to say I am a little miffed.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Was at toyota dealer on March 11 (Canada) Advised a new update was released March 10 to fix the connectivity issues. They did not have time to do it on my vehicle. Well actually, they attempted, but it didn't work, so wanted to trial it on a "factory unit" to get it figured out before attempting on my '20 XSE

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Was at toyota dealer on March 11 (Canada) Advised a new update was released March 10 to fix the connectivity issues. They did not have time to do it on my vehicle. Well actually, they attempted, but it didn't work, so wanted to trial it on a "factory unit" to get it figured out before attempting on my '20 XSE
I look forward to chatting with the dealer and seeing this resolved.

81 - 99 of 99 Posts