Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
The letter did not provide any reason so I will have to follow-up. Just another aspect of the frustration with the company's overall approach to this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been battling with Toyota all year for the muffler rebate on my 2007 Rav4 to no avail. Here is the USA recall notice. Have submitted 4 times requested paperwork and denied all times with the response of missing and not detailed enough paper work submitted by the OEM shop who replaced it. Sounds like a class action suit is needed for all of us who have not been taken care of by Toyota. I had the OEM muffler only replaced by local shop because Toyota wanted me to pay $ 1800 to replace the entire exhaust system.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
RUSTED V6 Exhaust System 2006-2008

I just got off the phone with Toyota who refused to reconsider their denial from April 2017 and said there is no recourse for appeal. Initially she would provide no additional info on basis for the denial. Eventually she said that the note from the repair shop did not note there was rust on the exhaust. I noted that it said "found holes in front center catalytic converter," what else would be creating holes besides rust. She would not budge. I let her know how unsatisfactory that is and would be pursuing all additional means possible to get this right. I noted that finally acknowledging a problem, sending out a notice acknowledging the problem and offering to fix, but then refusing to honor that offer was dishonest. Has anyone had any success getting Toyota to actually fix this problem at their expense? I'm going to state and federal agencies to pursue this in the meantime.

·
Registered
7,936 Posts
If the holes in the catalytic converter are leaking exhaust the problem would appear to be a safety issue and suggest reporting it to the NHTSA: https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/ It also might be possible to pursue the issue via Small Claims Court if Maryland has that available.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks! I have filed a complaint with NHTSA and also with State of Maryland. I am weary of companies assuming consumers will be discouraged and quit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
just checked

I just checked my vehicle account and it's still active for mine. (Not that they are doing anything to fix or pay for it. :smile)

61 - 67 of 67 Posts