Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toyota seems to have some weird refresh cycles but it seems like the rav4 is due for a change. Either 2018 or maybe 2019? Any indications when they might switch things to their TNGA platform? We were considering buying the Camry last October and then they hit us with the new 2018 redesign. Glad we didn't buy one. And I'd hate to buy a 2017 rav4 and then 6 months from now they announce the 2018 or 2019 refresh. If it's likely a 2019 release then we may opt for the 2018 Camry or the 2017 Highlander.

·
Registered
68 Posts
With all the interior noise problems in my 2013 Rav4, I will never buy another Toyota.
This from a guy who has owned 9 of them. Think about it carefully, don't regret your purchase.
Wishing you good fortune and happiness,
Styles

·
Registered
428 Posts
With all the interior noise problems in my 2013 Rav4, I will never buy another Toyota.
This from a guy who has owned 9 of them. Think about it carefully, don't regret your purchase.
Styles
I've owned 6 brand new Toyota's and only rattle problem I ever had was 2009 Venza in the steering column area. They replaced the entire steering column ($1700 in parts only), under warranty so it cost me nothing (yes for just a minor rattle, the steering worked fine).
Take those 9 Toyota's and your rattle problem and buy all Fords or any other brand of your choice and tell me where you end up in customer satisfaction when it's all said and done. I'd much rather chase down a rattle, then go through 3 transmissions in 60K or have to add 2-3 qts of oil between changes to a newer engine.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Styles
I suspect that the loudest of those interior noises is a high-pitched whine.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Im going to say 2019. Im surprised there arent spy photos of test mules like so many other auto manufacturers have prior to release.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts