Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just installed my new Wet Okole seat covers:

These are neoprene, foam-backed and will probably outlast the car. They add a bit of cushioning to the seats (which I like).

I have installed these in other cars and have been very impressed with the quality and finally decided to get a set for myself.

Attachments

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,715 Posts
Those seat covers look very nice! How much were they? How hard was the installation? Was the console cover included?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was actually a very easy install.

I didn't have to remove any plastic panels or use any tools. The hardest part was getting in and out of the back seat to adjust the positioning of the front seat to get the headrests off and on and adjust the straps under the seat.

I can think of many shortcuts that would have saved time.

They including the cover for the console for free (I think) as I did not order one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just got my Wet Okole seat covers. Looks like the same color scheme. Just wondering about how the side airbag is deployed through the seat cover.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The sides of the seat covers have an open pocket sewn into them. You can't see it as the fabric overlaps the pocket.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Does the neoprene leave any markings or discoloration on the seat fabric? I had a set of velour GT covers for my 2008 and when I took them off it look as though the fabric had been stained over time. Want to get new covers for my 2015 but was thinking neoprene so that any liquids that might stain won't go through. thoughts?

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
Can't say, I never took the Wet Okoles off, never had a reason to.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I'm on my second set. The old car had them on for about 10 years and the seats still looked new underneath when I sold it. The heated seats don't seem to have any effect although they can become slightly absorbent on the top after a few years. My friend has a tan set that she spills coffee on regularly, but a little shampoo with water and they clean up easily. I highly recommend them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts