Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those are cool mate. But what bothers me are the shipping charges to Puerto Rico. I think that would be another 500.00 each in shipping. Meaning 1K in shipping alone. I would consider Toyota seats that will fit. But upgrade them a bit. Like a Highlander, Tundra, 4Runner, or even a pair of Avalon seats. I could buy the installation kit and install them on my RAV4. The search goes on. Thanks mate.

·
Registered
406 Posts
You're probably better off looking at seats from any manufacturers sporty 2 doors.
You should be able to fit your seats runners to them so they can fit, maybe with some mods to match the mounting holes.

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're probably better off looking at seats from any manufacturers sporty 2 doors.
You should be able to fit your seats runners to them so they can fit, maybe with some mods to match the mounting holes.
There is a salvage yard near here and I'm going to check it out. Any idea which would be the Toyota model that closely matches the RAV4.1?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Don't confine yourself to Toyota, look at everything. Maybe measure how far apart your seat runners are, so you can compare seats in the salvage yard. Even if they don't match, it should be reasonably simple to make up a metal bracket to adapt things.

Just realised you have a 4 door, so you son't need to confine your search to 2 door cars, so even more options for you, as you can use seats from both 2 and 4 doors.

·
Registered
8,535 Posts
No idea about which Toyota brands seats would be a simple bolt-in installation in your RAV, but as SlimJim suggests it should be relatively easy to measure what is in your RAV now and use those measurements to check out seats in a salvage yard. Also as was suggested some makers make adapter brackets if they are needed, or it should be possible to have someone fabricate adapter brackets. Is there a trades training school as part the school where you teach? If so maybe they could fabricate what you would need. or any trade school might be able to do that and even install the brackets and seats for you for a minimal cost.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,729 Posts
Another option would be a good automotive upholstery shop that could rebuild your existing seats. They can redo the springs, put in custom side bolsters and padding to your specifications, as well as covering the seats with any kind of material that you choose from.

·
Premium Member
1999 Toyota RAV4 with 3MZ-FE 6 cylinder engine, camo wrap, OME lift, heavily modded
2,045 Posts
Volvo has some very comfortable seats, I don't know about the fit. Ford Focus has great seats, particularly if you can find one with a pair of Recaro seats.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts